Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Gone 2022 Unconnect 5

Darynt73

Reaction score
This evening mid song, my stereo dropped from CarPlay to Bluetooth & now the CarPlay and Android Auto enable option in settings is gone. CarPlay in my phone doesn’t see “My Car” (the Ram Uconnect) even though it sees & works fine in my wife’s cars CarPlay. Any advice or experience with this. This is in a 2 week old 2022 Ram 2500.

scrambler1000

Reaction score
This evening mid song, my stereo dropped from CarPlay to Bluetooth & now the CarPlay and Android Auto enable option in settings is gone. CarPlay in my phone doesn’t see “My Car” (the Ram Uconnect) even though it sees & works fine in my wife’s cars CarPlay. Any advice or experience with this. This is in a 2 week old 2022 Ram 2500.
I had the same problem. I tried a soft reset on the stereo/ Uconnect and phone. Then I deleted the Uconnect and paired the phone again.
Very frustrating!!! now it seems to work again.
I think we have some glitches that ram needs to workout. Let me know what you figure out.

Greenhills

Reaction score
My android auto stops playing songs after about 5 minutes, then won't recognize my device.. 10 minutes later starts randomly playing and then stops.

It also randomly freezes and won't display information.

I've accepted that its garbage and don't use it sadly.

ahntime

Reaction score
Yeah, this Uconnect is glitchy as hell. When it’s working correctly it’s awesome. Just do a soft reset and everything e ack on line. Feels like an old Windows OS.

Darynt73

Reaction score
Well you’re all right it’s glitchy, went out this morning started the truck and everything connected like normal, like nothing ever happened. Frustrating!

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahntime

Reaction score
Soft reset - Hold the power button on the radio dial for about 10-15 seconds until unit powers downs and restarts

Hopeo

Reaction score
I’ve had my Uconnect5 12” for one week and experienced this multiple times with wireless CarPlay. Three states I’ve observed:

1. Never connects. Continuous, circular busy indicator in device manager. This persists across multiple starts of the truck and iPhone power cycles. Deleting device in device manager and iPhone Bluetooth settings and then adding device has worked so far. Have had to reset Uconnect system before CarPlay started. Gave up once after all this to have it connect immediately the next morning.

2. Takes a long time to connect. Intermittent, circular busy indicator. Indicator present while trying to correct then goes away briefly showing phone not connected. Connection cycle starts again automatically. Eventually connects if I leave it alone.

3. Connects immediately. This happens less than half the time.

There is a reset category under the settings app. Can also reset radio there. I’ll have to try resetting first, next time this happens.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Hey don’t kick the BEEBS. He must be having money troubles as he came home to flog the Timbits at the Timmy-Hortons Eh! (donut holes at coffee shop in American):eek:. Ah the problems of millionaires.

Darynt73

Reaction score
It is fairly common for multimedia devices to commit suicide if you are listening to Justin Beaver.

If you were listening to normal music, however, this is abnormal and I hope you get it resolved.
Hahaha, The Beaver doesn't play in my truck, unless my daughter hijacks the Carplay :(

Hopeo

Reaction score
Uconnect notified me it had updated early last week. I haven’t had a connection failure since although I do have to wait a few minutes occasionally. Most of the time it connects immediately!

Users who are viewing this thread