Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli Pintop 2.5” Level

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Finished this install last week. The front end is now sitting about .75” higher than the rear (measured from wheel well arch.) The drivers corner is a full inch higher than the rear. I checked the spring seating today and they look good.

My truck is a 2021 Limited with a decked system in the bed. It’s empty right now and weighs about 215lbs without anything in it.

Unsure where to go from here. CJC thinks the decked system may be to blame but that doesnt explain the extra height on the drivers corner.

Last edited:

Gswain

Reaction score
You sure the springs are seated on the rubber locators up top? I know they could be turned / not fully seated. Also, check the carli spring part numbers to make sure they are correct.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is this the 2.5” front / 0” rear level kit? Did you measure your truck beforehand?

Each truck can be different but 2.5” is way too much front lift to be called a level kit for my particular truck. I went with a 1”.

You may need to order rear lift springs now.

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
I actually pulled the damn thing apart again today to confirm and yep they’re seated. All good. Part number is good too.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I wouldn't call 2.5" a level kit either.

did you do a trac bar?

R.J.

Reaction score
Check your Caster cams below and make sure they're aligned properly. If they're off, the front end will sit weird.

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
That’s an interesting one. Carlis instructions say to max the camber casters out rearward. I did that when I finished the install then took it for an alignment. Looking at them now, they’re not maxed rearward.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I believe the fat part of the cams should be forward for max caster..? maybe not.

Greenhills

Reaction score
How many miles do you have on this since installing? Possible it might settle a bit..

Like others said, your likely going to have to lift the rear atleast 1"

GPurcell01

Reaction score
That’s an interesting one. Carlis instructions say to max the camber casters out rearward. I did that when I finished the install then took it for an alignment. Looking at them now, they’re not maxed rearward.

This is probably why. If the cams aren't within one click of each other, it can cause a lean. Max them out again.

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
While were talking caster.....it sure looks like my passenger side has far more (2-3 degrees) positive caster than the drivers side. Anyone elses RH spring look much more slanted than the LH?

UglyViking

Reaction score
Carli's level is 2.5", which I agree seems like too much for a level but that is their call.

As for what could be wrong, as others have said, the caster needs to be close to identical between the two, that could be causing some of the lean.

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Caster on the eccentric bolts is identical right now. The drivers side is .5" higher than the left and has (by my naked eye) significantly less positive caster than the drivers side. It seems reasonable to me to think the difference in the slant of the springs (caster) could be causing the difference in ride height.

Is it crazy to try reducing the positive camber on the passenger side in order to match the ride heights?

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Update on this thread:

I added a 1" rear spacer to the rear coils and its sits exactly level now. A little disappointed the kit didnt come with this and have to say that CJCs assertion that a 200lb decked system in the bed would sag the rear suspension a full inch was just plain wrong. (I pulled the Decked system out to check.)

But, the truck is a limited with just about every option available so maybe that has some impact.

Anyways, the truck rides GREAT. With the "Level lift" and 37x18x12.5 Toyo AT3s the fuel mileage dropped from 19mpg to 17.8mpg. Still waiting on the Torsion Sway bar. Will report back then.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Update on this thread:

I added a 1" rear spacer to the rear coils and its sits exactly level now. A little disappointed the kit didnt come with this and have to say that CJCs assertion that a 200lb decked system in the bed would sag the rear suspension a full inch was just plain wrong. (I pulled the Decked system out to check.)

But, the truck is a limited with just about every option available so maybe that has some impact.

Anyways, the truck rides GREAT. With the "Level lift" and 37x18x12.5 Toyo AT3s the fuel mileage dropped from 19mpg to 17.8mpg. Still waiting on the Torsion Sway bar. Will report back then.
I'm having a hard time dissecting the portion about rear sag. I assume you mean to say that the rear didn't sag nearly that amount, is that right? If so I wonder why you would need the rear 1" spacer? The rear coils are still the factory coils and are pretty stiff, so I wouldn't think you's see much sag with those and that light of weight.

Have you measured hubs to fender front and rear to see where it's sitting?

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Hey yeah, its def confusing to me too. With the Carli kit installed, the rear sat about 1.1" inches lower than the front, hub to fender arch. This was measured after alignment and after I removed the springs a second time to confirm they were seated and clocked correctly. The Decked system weighs 217lbs empty (I emptied it.) I pulled this out and it didnt budge. (CJC seemed certain this weight was sagging this rear end.)

I added 1" spacers to the rear and its almost perf level now.

Users who are viewing this thread