Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli 2.5" Lift

Bobby P.

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Ram 3500 and just ordered Moto Metal wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295 75 R18).

I have a set of 2" blocks that I am going to install on the rear.

I'm thinking about ordering Carli 2.5 Level Kit for the front, which comes with Fox Shocks. The place were I am ordering is pitching other items to go along with it, including a Front Adjustable Track Bar at $500.

Is this something I really need or is this just more stuff to add to the list...

I don't go off road and I don't have lots of expendable cash. Just want the truck to look good and handle good.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

Reactions: J-J

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is absolutely mandatory, but it will allow you to re-center your axle after the level kit.

It is also something that you could add later if you decided you needed it.

And while I'm sure whomever you're ordering through is pushing the Carli track bar, but there are much more affordable options out there as well.

J-J

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Ram 3500 and just ordered Moto Metal wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295 75 R18).

I'm thinking about ordering Carli 2.5 Level Kit for the front, which comes with Fox Shocks. The place were I am ordering is pitching other items to go along with it, including a Front Adjustable Track Bar at $500.

Is this something I really need or is this just more stuff to add to the list...

I don't go off road and I don't have lots of expendable cash. Just want the truck to look good and handle good.

Thanks,
Bob
Nice! Where are you ordering your level kit?waiting on my 22 to arrive and I know it will need a level and I don't do the spacers I usually use Thuren parts.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Thanks,
Bob
An adjustable track bar is nice but not absolutely needed unless you get up into the 3" lift range. Each Ram is a little different though.

Best bang for the buck is to add a torsion sway bar though.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
The adjustable track bar will help keep your axel centered. It's important for alignment when lifting more than an inch or so I believe.

And while we're spending your money, take a serious look at the sway bar (either now or eventually). It's a fairly simple add later.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
go with the rough country trac bar and save a few bucks.

Bobby P.

Reaction score
I’ll probably do just the coils and shocks for now. I like Carli because they seem to have a solid reputation in the coils and they pair it with Fox 2.0 shocks which claim to be “tuned” to Carli specs. I’m ordered through NCB Diesel out of North Carolina.
What does the sway bar do, specifically?
Thanks
- Bobby

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The sway bar helps the side to side motion when ever you hit an uneven surface. Good both on and off road. Probably one of the biggest improvements I made to my ride quality.

Bobby P.

Reaction score
The sway bar helps the side to side motion when ever you hit an uneven surface. Good both on and off road. Probably one of the biggest improvements I made to my ride quality.
Are you referring to tough country’s N3 Dual Steering Stabilizer?

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
I’ll probably do just the coils and shocks for now. I like Carli because they seem to have a solid reputation in the coils and they pair it with Fox 2.0 shocks which claim to be “tuned” to Carli specs. I’m ordered through NCB Diesel out of North Carolina.
What does the sway bar do, specifically?
Thanks
- Bobby
Check the video I posted

Bobby P.

Reaction score
Mooney,
How do I access the video?

BTW, I got the last set of coils from NCB Diesel out of NC. He says they will have more last month.
Bobby

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Rammed

Reaction score
Just put this kit along with the track bar on last week. The difference it’s made in the handling and ride over large bumps is amazing. I highly recommend going with it

Bobby P.

Reaction score
The video is great. Thanks!
Should be receiving my 2.5 Carli leveling kit and my Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295 70 R18) with Moto Metal wheels by the end of the week.
Very excited!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The video is great. Thanks!
Should be receiving my 2.5 Carli leveling kit and my Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295 70 R18) with Moto Metal wheels by the end of the week.
Very excited!

Just don't watch the CJC Carli Dominator video. Unless you really want to give your back account some flexing.

freeram

Reaction score

Thanks,
Bob
I have installed a couple of the Carli lifts, and love them. I always bag the rear to adjust the height as desired, and I love the torsion sway bar. If I go higher than 2.5 I also install the adjustable track bar plus the Carli radius arm drop, or the Carli radius arms. Carli is a little more $$ but what a nice ride.

Users who are viewing this thread