Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian connectivity ?

OuterUB

Reaction score
When I bought my 2017 1500 I was quite dissapointed to learn that there was no system in place to enable all of the connectivity features in Canada. I was told by RAM Canada back then that it was because there was no Canadian provider available at the time. Has this changed?

RaleighFred

Reaction score
You could probably use a US address to activate and then it would use a roaming network locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OuterUB

Reaction score
You could probably use a US address to activate and then it would use a roaming network locally.

That's not a bad idea. However I'd like to think that RAM has entered the 21st Century.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Unfortunately Canada is treated a little “second class’’ in the truck world even though we are about third place in sales behind Texas and Cali.:mad:

RaleighFred

Reaction score
Unfortunately Canada is treated a little “second class’’ in the truck world even though we are about third place in sales behind Texas and Cali.:mad:

Yeah exactly. Basically between fca and AT&T they didn't see it profitable to partner with any Canadian carriers.

OuterUB

Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Basically between fca and AT&T they didn't see it profitable to partner with any Canadian carriers.

So am I correct in understanding that there is STILL no full Uconnect functionality for Canada ?

Thorvald

Reaction score
I tried before and it needed a US credit card as well.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So am I correct in understanding that there is STILL no full Uconnect functionality for Canada ?
Yes, there has been full connectivity since 2018. It’s AT&T, WiFi hotspot and everything.

OuterUB

Reaction score
To my knowledge Canada doesn't have AT&T...

OuterUB

Reaction score
I guess what I'm asking is... How? How do I set up an AT&T account from Canada?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I guess what I'm asking is... How? How do I set up an AT&T account from Canada?

OuterUB

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much Jimmy. Is this connectivity required for things like hands-free texting to work ? It used to be .... which is why we Canadians were left with a short list of canned answers to incoming text messsages. It was so annoying that I just stopped using it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much Jimmy. Is this connectivity required for things like hands-free texting to work ? It used to be .... which is why we Canadians were left with a short list of canned answers to incoming text messsages. It was so annoying that I just stopped using it.
I’m not sure, I didn’t know that was an issue. I always just tell Siri what to text.

OuterUB

Reaction score
I’m not sure, I didn’t know that was an issue. I always just tell Siri what to text.
I've noticed that ... my wife has an iPhone and it works flawlessly with her Honda .....

Users who are viewing this thread