Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade to uconnect 5?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Screen is part number P68526611AB and radio is P68507350AB for a 19' 2500 Diesel. The UC5 is in it now. I just wanted to put the UC4 in to double check that the cameras were still actually working.
I’d have to say at this point there’s an issue with the radio module itself.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy! That was the conclusion I was coming to as well. I will replace it and let you know if that ends up being the issue.
I have a Modded 2021 (but it was the UC4 12” to UC5 12”). I put in the software Jimmy linked, and upon restart, the cameras weren’t there in thescreens, but they showed up on the second restart after the factory reset.

wbama387

Reaction score
Issue has been resolved. It turned out to be a bad radio module that only caused cameras not to function. Thank you Jimmy and rfullen for the support.

Alaskaflyer

Reaction score
I just installed my UConnect 5 in my 2020. Everything works except the cameras. I still need to upgrade the CVPM Module. I bought the Uconnect from Infotainment and on their website it gives this part number for the Module (Part No.: 56029967AF). Anyone else use this part number CVPM?

rfullen280

Reaction score
I just installed my UConnect 5 in my 2020. Everything works except the cameras. I still need to upgrade the CVPM Module. I bought the Uconnect from Infotainment and on their website it gives this part number for the Module (Part No.: 56029967AF). Anyone else use this part number CVPM?
DO NOT buy that module for a HD Ram. That is for 2023-24. Buy this one - 56029965ac (and maybe that one from Info would work, but this one is what I used, and I know for sure it DOES work).

After you get it installed, you have to program the BCM to believe it's a 2022... couple quick steps in ALFA (Connect to BCM, Car Configuration Change, Model Year) or it will not communicate correctly w/ the CVPM.

Also - I may be 50% wrong (but the 2nd part number is in my truck and working)... Jimmy07 can tell me I'm wrong about it all day, and I'm totally okay w/ that, as he's a wizard.

rfullen280

Reaction score
View attachment 71148
Just found this on their website.
Yep, that's the part number for the 23-24 Rams. I ordered one for the 22. Can't remember why.. but that's what I did.

They also sent me the screen for the 1500's TWICE, (which loses functionality for ESC if put into a HD) so I sent them back, and bought the screen elsewhere. So really the only thing I got from them was the Radio Module, and a couple cables.

Users who are viewing this thread