Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab removal to find Oil leak?

Concourse14

Reaction score
New to the forum and did not find this during a search. I bought a CPO 2019 Ram 2500 CC 4wd 6.7 in January of 2020. Every thing has been great until 2 weeks ago when I found some small drips of oil from passenger side of engine. Dealer says warped timing cover and replaces it (27600 miles on it). Have it for 4 days and starts to leak in same spot, but now instead of a few droplets it is leaving 6” puddle. Back to dealership and now they said they have to remove the cab to find and fix it! Anyone else run across this?

renagade69

Reaction score
With Fords but not The Cummins motor. There is plenty of room to work and see. Bring it to another dealer.

diode_ee

Reaction score
With Fords but not The Cummins motor. There is plenty of room to work and see. Bring it to another dealer.
That's right. My '08 Ford had to get the cab removed for replacement of the downpipe and injector pump. Not a cheap repair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It does not take long to pull the cab but it sounds like they need some training, its not needed to pull the cab worst case scenario they pull the grill and rads

seabees

Reaction score
I have the same leak rearing its ugly head. Goes in the shop on next week. Service manager told me they are having issues with the timing cover so keep your eyes peeled for that leak. Mine is traveling to the back of the engine and down the transmission, really hard to get to to wipe it down.

2019 ram

Reaction score
New to the forum and did not find this during a search. I bought a CPO 2019 Ram 2500 CC 4wd 6.7 in January of 2020. Every thing has been great until 2 weeks ago when I found some small drips of oil from passenger side of engine. Dealer says warped timing cover and replaces it (27600 miles on it). Have it for 4 days and starts to leak in same spot, but now instead of a few droplets it is leaving 6” puddle. Back to dealership and now they said they have to remove the cab to find and fix it! Anyone else run across this?

oilnewby

Reaction score
I had the same issue and yes, they had to remove the cab. The entire front of the engine must be removed including timing gears, cam etc to remove the plate between the timing cover and the block. Not fun

Users who are viewing this thread