Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bypass Oil Filters

jpaeth

Reaction score
Diesel noob here. I have the new 6.7 HO on order and don't really want to delete and have to worry about killing warranty and getting fined for emissions. Too mush time on youtube brought me to some videos about bypass oil filters for diesels with EGRs to filter the soot from the oil along with all other contaminants. I am looking at picking up this one from insane diesel that says it filters to 1 micron.

Does anyone here have any experience with them? I've seen guys online that say they don't even change their oil anymore, just the filters and have a sample analyzed to make sure its still good. That seems a little extreme to me, but I would really like to keep the soot out of the oil as much as I can.

bobohio

Reaction score
Diesel noob here. I have the new 6.7 HO on order and don't really want to delete and have to worry about killing warranty and getting fined for emissions. Too mush time on youtube brought me to some videos about bypass oil filters for diesels with EGRs to filter the soot from the oil along with all other contaminants. I am looking at picking up this one from insane diesel that says it filters to 1 micron.

Does anyone here have any experience with them? I've seen guys online that say they don't even change their oil anymore, just the filters and have a sample analyzed to make sure its still good. That seems a little extreme to me, but I would really like to keep the soot out of the oil as much as I can.
I have no experience with it recently, but I did have a new semi back in 1993 when I was a trucker...I had a cummins in it with a bypass filter on it from day one and extended my oil changes by at least double and cummins was fine with it as long as the oil analysis was done.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I'm 85% sure I'll be getting the AmsOil bypass system. OTR rigs use them favorably and have been around for a while. Probably a little over kill for what I'm doing, but with the emissions requirements pumping that junk back into the engine, and being a firm believer in oil being the blood of the engine, along with deleting being a pain for many reasons, I'm thinking it's worth it. There are a few internet independent tests that all seem to show they work well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread