Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulletproof vs B&W

tchur1

Reaction score
Take a look it should have a rating on the coupler but it is highly likely that its 7500lbs rated and the boat manufacture just over looked it as they don't make the trailers usually
Ya will do - the boat is about 6 hours away in storage for the winter so I wont be able to check until the spring. Mastercraft makes their trailers in house, not outsourced and depending on configuration are rated for 8300 lbs or 10k. Either way Im probably wrong here and dont want to derail this thread any further haha.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ya will do - the boat is about 6 hours away in storage for the winter so I wont be able to check until the spring. Mastercraft makes their trailers in house, not outsourced and depending on configuration are rated for 8300 lbs or 10k. Either way Im probably wrong here and dont want to derail this thread any further haha.
I hope i am wrong in this case just for your safety! Lol

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thats one nice thing about the 2 pin holes in my shank i can move it out for dropping my tailgate depending on the trailer and situation it may be the ideal solution for you.
Mine also has two holes but I have it on the furthest in hole and everything is great.

I just need to remove the hitch when I’m not using it so I don’t drag it so much. And learn to live with 2” incremental adjustment it’s not that big of a deal

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Take a look it should have a rating on the coupler but it is highly likely that its 7500lbs rated and the boat manufacture just over looked it as they don't make the trailers usually
My old 7000 gross trailer came from the manufacturer with a 2” coupler rated for 5000lb with 500 max tongue.

Some weird stuff happens y’all

McHenry2500

Reaction score
My old 7000 gross trailer came from the manufacturer with a 2” coupler rated for 5000lb with 500 max tongue.

Just curious, what did your new enclosed have for axles and coupler?

I've been shopping around for an enclosed trailer and it seems like they're all over the place with weight rating and size.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Just curious, what did your new enclosed have for axles and coupler?

I've been shopping around for an enclosed trailer and it seems like they're all over the place with weight rating and size.
I got 5200 lb axles and 2-5/16 coupler. It’s 9990 gross I don’t know the coupler brand but it’s my favorite coupler I’ve ever used

I had almost given up on finding one and was about to order one but came across this one which was ordered and never delivered. 7’ height was the hard to find part and many had 3500lb axles
ADDF9FEC-9BAA-47ED-9332-48B3E4EA627E.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I have seen some sketchy stuff with factory trailers its surprising some of the welds hold even lol

Users who are viewing this thread