Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Monitoring

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I received the 'Owner Support' email from the dealer and while looking through the link, I found this..

On the all-new Ram 2500/3500, the Blind Spot Monitoring(1) feature also includes an additional 39.5 feet to help further identify objects in the blind-spot zone when towing a trailer!
(1)Always check visually for vehicles prior to changing lanes.

I remember someone (somewhere) asking is the BSM included the trailer like it did on the 1500... according to the info I received, it does.

No mention of AUX Camera or TTPMS, of course..

unpaulie

Reaction score
I have the Blind Spot Monitoring on mine. Mine works the same with or without trailer. Does is it talk about setup?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I have the Blind Spot Monitoring on mine. Mine works the same with or without trailer. Does is it talk about setup?

If it works like the 1500, there is nothing to set up really, as you're driving it detects the extra length.

unpaulie

Reaction score
hmmmm..... The web site states:
BLIND SPOT MONITORING
With dual wide-band radar sensors in the taillamps, the available Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection keeps an eye on vehilces and objects in the truck's blind spot zones. This system does not monitor blind spot zones for trailers.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
hmmmm..... The web site states:
BLIND SPOT MONITORING
With dual wide-band radar sensors in the taillamps, the available Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection keeps an eye on vehilces and objects in the truck's blind spot zones. This system does not monitor blind spot zones for trailers.

Hence my confusion... guess I'll be sending an email to FCA .. thanks for the link, I'll be sure to include it in my email!

unpaulie

Reaction score
I looked through my settings last night and did not see the option. On my old F150 I had to set the trailer length.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
The blind spot should work by making 2 turns. I would say they originally planned to omit it since on the 1500s it maxes a little above 30 feet and HD trailers go much longer. Maybe they found it can hit the longer trailers.

But who knows. I think the build and price guy, the brochure guy, and the PR guy need to work in the same office, possibly share a desk.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I looked through my settings last night and did not see the option. On my old F150 I had to set the trailer length.

On the 1500, there is nothing to set... the system automatically detects the trailer.
Presumable, the 2500 uses the same system... hopefully I'll get an answer from FCA

ghaynes754

Reaction score
I've seen multiple YouTube Ram videos. The Blind Spot system is not the same as the 1500.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Blind spot system comes up and says its disabled as soon as the truck detects a trailer.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Blind spot system comes up and says its disabled as soon as the truck detects a trailer.

As mentioned in another thread, I was unable to order blind spot monitoring for some reason, dealer suspected a parts restriction. Based on your post, then I don't really care that I couldn't get it.

jpaeth

Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, I was unable to order blind spot monitoring for some reason, dealer suspected a parts restriction. Based on your post, then I don't really care that I couldn't get it.
Yeah, i still haven't gotten used to looking for the BLIS light, Im used to the mirrors from my last truck and they have decent blind spot visibility. The Cross path detection is kinds cool, comes in handy in parking lots. I would have liked BLIS for the trailers though

orlando bull

Reaction score
I love the BLIS, it's just one additional safety check after looking everywhere, it gives me a little extra piece of mind when changing lanes. I definitely wish it covered the trailer as well, I suspect the 20's will have that as it's a big miss on the 19's in my opinion. My F150 was similar, I had a 2016 that didn't work with trailer, and either in 17 or 18, they added it for the trailer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread