Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Monitoring with 5th Wheel

sanda

Reaction score
As sort of mentioned above, trailer blind spot monitoring is a 2020 only feature, and only supports conventional trailers. If you select “Goose/Fifth Wheel” it disables it

My 2021 has it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
As sort of mentioned above, trailer blind spot monitoring is a 2020 only feature, and only supports conventional trailers. If you select “Goose/Fifth Wheel” it disables it.

1657252957268.png

My 2021 has it.

2022 has it . Manual explains

Guys, the post you're quoting was made in 2020 and should be taken in that context.

To phrase it correctly in the current time-space continuum, BSM is a 2020+ thing.

;)

blbrown

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 Cummings and I tow a 30ft 5th wheel, I select conventional and it works. I don't think it kicks in until the other vehicle is close to the truck blind spot, but thats good enough for me.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Guys, the post you're quoting was made in 2020 and should be taken in that context.

To phrase it correctly in the current time-space continuum, BSM is a 2020+ thing.

;)
Thanks for the assist. I haven't been here in a while. (Off topic warning) Looks like I'll be coming back though. Even after running the numbers best I could for weeks it turns out my new travel trailer is actually too heavy for my Gladiator, so as much as I love the thing it's going to have to get traded in for another HD. Wish I'd just kept the '20 in the first place, but I guess now I'll get to order a '23 with all the new toys.

Akbison

Reaction score
So...Is the BSM still disabled when towing a gooseneck of fifth wheel for the 23's?

jsalbre

Reaction score
So...Is the BSM still disabled when towing a gooseneck of fifth wheel for the 23's?
No one has a '23 yet so it's hard to say for certain, but since the sensors haven't moved it's unlikely there will be any change.

Nick

Reaction score
When towing my 5 th wheel l found when l put it on conventional it will work . Not all the way back but about 20 ft . My 5 th wheel is 96 “ so it may not work on a 102 wide

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Works with my GN...it does have a limit of 39 ft iirc .....so if yours is longer then it might not....my GN is 32'.....

lovegolf44

Reaction score
When towing my 5 th wheel l found when l put it on conventional it will work . Not all the way back but about 20 ft . My 5 th wheel is 96 “ so it may not work on a 102 wide
Perhaps this has been answered already but why the 5th wheel option on the display at all if it won't sense beyond a 30' trailer. Is it an option I missed when I ordered? I don't believe so.

Nick

Reaction score
It was in the trailer towing package in 20 . I would think they could have put it on the mirror mounts .

Akbison

Reaction score
It was in the trailer towing package in 20 . I would think they could have put it on the mirror mounts .

I was thinking/hoping that this feature was integrated into the new mirrors and worked better. Otherwise, for a full time DRW tow vehicle, this seems like a pretty worthless feature. Thoughts?

Nick

Reaction score
With a DRW they could flush mount it on the fenders .

jsalbre

Reaction score
Perhaps this has been answered already but why the 5th wheel option on the display at all if it won't sense beyond a 30' trailer. Is it an option I missed when I ordered? I don't believe so.
The option for 5th wheel is specifically to disable it. With the sensors in the taillights they can’t see around (most) 5th wheels.

Putting the sensors in the mirrors would make them even more enormous than they already are, and far more vulnerable to damage.

Users who are viewing this thread