Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tires for RAM 2500

jadmt

Reaction score
depends on your intended usage...do you have a monster truck, rockcrawler, a 2wd street racer.....probably need a little information. I think Toyo RT are best for my usage but I have a power wagon that sees some offroad and also on road driving.....there are many great tires now days.

msierocki

Reaction score
depends on your intended usage...do you have a monster truck, rockcrawler, a 2wd street racer.....probably need a little information. I think Toyo RT are best for my usage but I have a power wagon that sees some offroad and also on road driving.....there are many great tires now days.
I drive 25% gravel roads; 50% asphalt two lane highway; 25% Interstate; don’t pull nothing had a big boat hence the Cummins; got Michelin Defender 20”on now saw wear deteriorate quickly so dropped rear pressure to 45psi and front to 60; need new tires soon and looking for some good wear

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Look into the Cooper AT3 XLT. I ran them on my 2017 Cummins and got 60K miles out of them and towed about 15k miles on them. I was very happy I opted for the Cooper Rugged Terrain for my 2022. Both have 60k tread life warranties.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I had good luck with falken at3w wildpeaks on my duramax. That's what I'll put on when the time comes. Good on highway and not bad off road either. Never felt "stuck pucker" in mud or snow/ice.

G’Dave

Reaction score
IMG_2243.jpg
General Grabber A/Tx might be worth a look.

They’ve been real good on my 1500 EcoDiesel. I’m running a 285/65x18 E load LT. It’s a solid mud and snow tire. I’m on my second set, and will probably get these for my 2500 when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buppies

Reaction score
Cooper AT3XLT here 5000 miles very happy. Quiet on the road goes very well in 8 inch snow.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I went to Discount Tire Direct

What I was saying is Cooper doesn't make many sizes in that model. It's either very new and they haven't released them yet or they don't plan on it. In a 18" wheel you are pretty much stuck with a stock size, can't even get a 285 let alone a 35". All they have is a 255, 265 or 275.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
What I was saying is Cooper doesn't make many sizes in that model. It's either very new and they haven't released them yet or they don't plan on it. In a 18" wheel you are pretty much stuck with a stock size, can't even get a 285 let alone a 35". All they have is a 255, 265 or 275.

I believe they are a few months only. I fitted a 35"x12.5" x 20's. They ride great

OuterUB

Reaction score
I believe they are a few months only. I fitted a 35"x12.5" x 20's. They ride great
Aaaaabsolutely ! :)

My new Bighorn is a few weeks away and the moment it hits the pavement they're pulling the factory rubber and installing 35X12.5X20 KO2's .... :cool:

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Aaaaabsolutely ! :)

My new Bighorn is a few weeks away and the moment it hits the pavement they're pulling the factory rubber and installing 35X12.5X20 KO2's .... :cool:
My stock wheels and tires lasted 250 miles. 200 miles were the drive back from the dealership. The other 50 was around town and to the tire shop lol

OuterUB

Reaction score
My stock wheels and tires lasted 250 miles. 200 miles were the drive back from the dealership. The other 50 was around town and to the tire shop lol
Hopefully you stopped before you hit aluminum ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread