Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best aux fuel tank for '18 2500 with the short bed.

Popz24Boyz

Reaction score
I drag a 20' equip. trailer all over the country and I'm just trying to;
1. Save money on fuel.
2. Go longer in between fill ups.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My truck has the short bed, so I am limited on space.

kobra

Reaction score
On my 2020 3500 SB, I installed a replacement Titan Tanks 52 gallon. It fits in the same space as the OEM and I think it's about 2-3" lower.
Is that what you are looking for, or something in the bed?

B

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I drag a 20' equip. trailer all over the country and I'm just trying to;
1. Save money on fuel.
2. Go longer in between fill ups.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My truck has the short bed, so I am limited on space.
They have a nice 10” wide one that sits at the front of the box not to invasive for a short bed works well for many people not badly priced holds 45 gallons

Attachments

• C406F56B-8DEC-488C-B7BE-18EF90B5580E.png
    C406F56B-8DEC-488C-B7BE-18EF90B5580E.png
    845.7 KB · Views: 42

Popz24Boyz

Reaction score
On my 2020 3500 SB, I installed a replacement Titan Tanks 52 gallon. It fits in the same space as the OEM and I think it's about 2-3" lower.
Is that what you are looking for, or something in the bed?

B
Something in the bed.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have the Weather Guad 50 gallon Transfer tank with a fill right pump to feed equipment.

Attachments

• 1610325477667949477155601503560.jpg
    1610325477667949477155601503560.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 35

GBB

Reaction score
Transflow in Chico, California makes a nice setup. All automatic fill. I’m looking to put a 100 gallon tank in.If I was closer to Chico that’s what I would get

Nick

Reaction score
Titan makes a good inked tank . 50 gal about 19 inches deep . Had Transfer flow in my 14it worked well too . Titan is less expense . Go into archives and you can see my setup .

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Titan makes a good inked tank . 50 gal about 19 inches deep . Had Transfer flow in my 14it worked well too . Titan is less expense . Go into archives and you can see my setup .
Titan is the most expensive out of all of them plus its plastic

Nick

Reaction score
Titan is the most expensive out of all of them plus its plastic
I had both and l know for a fact Transfer flo is more expensive. Got my Titan on line for 1100 . Which included everything a transfer flo was about $400 more . As far as plastic goes look under your Ram . Watch the Titan 30 ft drop test with their military grade plastic a Titan tanka d a TF both filled with water see which one survives . As l said l owned a Transfer flo and was happy with it . Just as happy with this Titan which was less money .

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had both and l know for a fact Transfer flo is more expensive. Got my Titan on line for 1100 . Which included everything a transfer flo was about $400 more . As far as plastic goes look under your Ram . Watch the Titan 30 ft drop test with their military grade plastic a Titan tanka d a TF both filled with water see which one survives . As l said l owned a Transfer flo and was happy with it . Just as happy with this Titan which was less money .
Cold winter and a loose hitch sliding around in the bed of my bosses truck says differently cracked it pretty easy

rds aluminum is cheaper and better

Nick

Reaction score
What ever you are happy with buy !

Don-T

Reaction score
I had an RDS aluminum tank shipped to me. I was not there when the tank came in so I did not get a chance to inspect it. When I did get back to open it up the box looked good but the tank was all distorted. it was dropped on one of the corners hard enough to twist the whole tanks to where one corner was just under an inch off the ground when the other three corners were on the ground. Per their standards, they would not take it back because it should have been caught before the driver left. I am not complaining about RDS, I am saying make sure you receive the tank from the shipper and inspect it before the driver leaves. If it is damaged refuse the drop off. The tanks are not heavy gauge and will distort if dropped, even empty.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had an RDS aluminum tank shipped to me. I was not there when the tank came in so I did not get a chance to inspect it. When I did get back to open it up the box looked good but the tank was all distorted. it was dropped on one of the corners hard enough to twist the whole tanks to where one corner was just under an inch off the ground when the other three corners were on the ground. Per their standards, they would not take it back because it should have been caught before the driver left. I am not complaining about RDS, I am saying make sure you receive the tank from the shipper and inspect it before the driver leaves. If it is damaged refuse the drop off. The tanks are not heavy gauge and will distort if dropped, even empty.
Something like that is easy to bend back atleast

GBB

Reaction score
That’s why I always build my tanks out of 3/16 aluminum..pretty much indestructible

Don-T

Reaction score
Something like that is easy to bend back atleast
Actually it's not easy to bend back. When an aluminum box is distorted that much it doesn't straighten out without cutting and welding.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Actually it's not easy to bend back. When an aluminum box is distorted that much it doesn't straighten out without cutting and welding.
Drop it on the opposite corner?

I'd pressure test it before install.

Don-T

Reaction score
Drop it on the opposite corner?

I'd pressure test it before install.
I was tempted to drop it to see what happens but I didn't. When I couldn't find anyone willing to try fixing it I went ahead and installed it. I stacked some hard rubber pads under it to try to avoid stressing it. It didn't leak and I never had any trouble with it, but it irritated me every time I looked at it. I am sure the aluminum won't take much stress as the mounting bolts included springs to keep from putting too much pressure on the tank.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It is very easy without cutting and welding.... i work with it all the time heres what i built out of aluminum couple of days ago and i have built many tanks before sometimes they warp and i have to bend them back....

Attachments

• 003B1083-FFD4-4F0A-A1DC-4EADCC8E085B.jpeg
    003B1083-FFD4-4F0A-A1DC-4EADCC8E085B.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 18

Don-T

Reaction score
Maybe so. The engineers told me the thin gauge aluminum RDS has in the tank would crack or tear if someone tried to bend it back. Doesn’t matter to me any more, I no longer have it.

Users who are viewing this thread