Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Saver Mode

jpaeth

Reaction score
Hey guys same thing here, 2019 HO.
Mine comes up with battery saver mode once daily after first start of the day no matter what outside temperature is.
Been to the dealer four times, every time the tell me battery’s pass load test, they update or install new flash, but doesn’t fix anything.
Tech found amp draw on abs module and said he suspected that to be the problem. So I asked if they replaced it.
He said no he just rebooted it and that if it happened again they would replace it.
Next day same issue! Took truck back again.
When I picked it back up for the fourth time asked if they replaced abs module as they had told me they were going to do. Was told (no we can’t just throw parts at it) we rebooted it.
Fed up! They have no clue!
I have been having the same issue for 3 years too.. and I just picked the truck up from the dealer last week and a couple days later had a "Service ESC" light come on. Looks like my ABS system has gone haywire. Its interesting to see the same thing on your truck. It goes back in a couple weeks to have the ABS issues looked at.

bing

Reaction score
Changing batteries did not help mine. Well it did at first but it eventually came back about a month later. I have replaced the ibs on the battery and have not had the issue for a couple of weeks now. There is an updated part number and the part is slightly different than the one on my 2019 truck. Part number of the ibs I bought is 68370876AB

madmax4073

Reaction score
thanks! ill have to try that part before the fire happens just to see if that helps

Changing batteries did not help mine. Well it did at first but it eventually came back about a month later. I have replaced the ibs on the battery and have not had the issue for a couple of weeks now. There is an updated part number and the part is slightly different than the one on my 2019 truck. Part number of the ibs I bought is 68370876AB

nrm257

Reaction score
Revisiting my post above. My battery saver mode would come on reliably every cold morning at about the same distance from home. After I did the steps above, I haven't seen the message again.
I've also been having the same issue. 2019, 3500 brand-new batteries approximately 53* abeyant temp outside. Truck started up fine after a heating cycle and volts were about 14 on the battery. drove for a few miles and the truck went into what I call battery limp mode. so frustrated with this issue. I was starting to think maybe there is a short in the grid heater bolt that is causing this message to pop up since there is already so many issues with that.

I'm interested in seeing pictures/ hearing more about your rewiring. Thanks for the help!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
For those with a diesel, those cabin heaters are a huge current draw and if you don't have dual alternators, I think you're more likely to see battery saver kick in with a grid heater start and cabin heaters running.

If it's not colder than 0-10F, just push the button twice and the truck will start without needing a preheat.

Users who are viewing this thread