Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Battery of Uconnect box requires service"

JimKIII

Reaction score
Anyone seen/have this message pop up on their screen? First time today for me and it went away after restarting the truck. The dealer said, 'Never seen that one before' of course. So I have an appt this Friday to have them try and figure it out - but I'm sure the problem will NOT be present when they do.

I've done all the simple checks; checked all fuses, made sure fuses were all pushed in solid. Only 4,300 miles on the rig.

Attachments

• Battery of Uconnect Box requires service.png
    Battery of Uconnect Box requires service.png
    689.3 KB · Views: 48

JimKIII

Reaction score
To answer my own question, I found this PDF on another forum. I'll print this out and take it to the dealer this Friday.

Attachments

• Uconnect box battery problem - MC-10188742-9999 (2).pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 116

JimKIII

Reaction score
The dealer updated software on my truck and referenced a TSB #08-062-22. I could find no info on that TSB. Here is what is printed on the dealer invoice:

"4376 customer state a message in the radio display screen show uconnect box require service. check radio and found need update.
Perform update on radio for customer concern. TSB #08-062-22. Labor 18-60-02-9S
0.5 Hrs. 18-60-02-9Q Radio, software - CreateUSB Jump Drive 0.3 Hrs."

This site shows no 2022 TSBs yet. https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/2500/2022/tsbs/ even though the site states there are 19 TSBs, those 19 are dated in 2021.

Any idea where one may find info on TSB #08-062-22?

Pete’sRAM

Reaction score
New to this forum. Had the “Battery of Uconnect Box requires service” message pop up. Dealer recommends replacing the box. This only happened once so far. Truck has only 700 miles on it. Not sure if I should have this done. Did the updates work for your Uconnect battery issue?

Here is also a link to the TSB you referenced https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10212414-9999.pdf

FYI...I’m also having issues with my radio presets randomly disappearing. Any advice would be appreciated.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Hey Pete - Thanks for the link to the TSB. As with you, I've only had the 'Battery....' message pop up once. Since the update back in March it has not reoccurred. Not sure that the dealer needs to replace the box, unless your truck already had the fix suggested in the TSB. I've had a couple more software updates due to more recent TSBs. And yes I do have presets disappear, as do many others on this forum. No fix yet has been forthcoming. "Stay tuned", we're told.

Pete’sRAM

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info! I’ll have dealer check software version and see if it needs updating. The “Battery...” message has not popped up again so I won’t have them replace the box at this point. The preset issue will just have to wait for now until a fix is available.

Users who are viewing this thread