Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Boost Tubes - Honest Initial Impressions

GPurcell01

Reaction score
For Christmas, I got a set of boost tubes for my HO Cummins. I figured I would share initial thoughts on them and be as honest as possible with it.

Packaging - they were very well packaged and everything is nicely organized. All the couplers, clamps, and hardware come in one bag and the tubes themselves are nicely situated in vacuum formed foam so there is no risk of denting. A+ there.
20230127_102721.jpg
Shipping time - very lack luster. Ordered well before Christmas but did not get them until last week. They blamed the delay on the vendor.
The product itself - holy crap the tubes are large. It will definitely flow more air. I asked for them to be raw as I plan to drop them off to get powder coated today.
20230127_102708.jpg
I'm excited to see what they will do. The welding could be better and the alignment of the two tubes is off. Very happy overall but do still think they are pricey for what you get.
20230127_102733.jpg

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
we installed a full banks spider kit in a 7.3 powerjoke. they were powdercoated and look good outside the coat, and haven't leaked, so maybe okay. the intercooler was actually really nice.

techman

Reaction score
What sort of power/performance gains are you expecting with the larger diameter tubing?

techman

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear about your experience once you get it installed. That some pricey tubing, so hopefully it's not just engine bay bling. Not that there is anything wrong with bling.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Tig welding is getting to be a lost art in every industry. All my best tig welders in our shop are over 55. LOL.
Im talking welding thats the industry I'm in lol, i can tig i just dont do it much anymore

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mr Banks should be embarrassed by those welds too! Looks like burnt bubble gum.
Butt welds in thin material like that almost never look good with mig it can be a pain to get it running smooth and not burn through. They should be TIG but then the parts would be 2x the price

GPurcell01

Reaction score
As long as the welds are good is all I care about. Could not see any holes or gaps. I'll make sure to include pics once I get them back from powder coat this week.

The boots and clamps are very high quality I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread