Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BAK Tonneau Covers w/ RAMBox

huff2462

Reaction score
I ordered a 2019 RAM 2500 with RAMBoxes. I noticed on BAK's website, it has the following notice:

"NOTE: When ordering the RamBox part numbers, the RamBox rails need to be the OEM factory silver cargo rails, not black, to function properly with our covers"

I ordered my 2500 WITHOUT the $295 RAMBox Utility Group (AM8)... Does that mean I won't be able to use the BAK Tonneau Cover or do the silver cargo rails come on every truck?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If you do not have the RAMBox there is no cargo rail on the 2500.

huff2462

Reaction score
No, I have the RAMBoxes... But I didn't order the Utility Group (which I think includes the rails and tiedowns). So I'm wondering if I'll have the silver rails BAK is referring to.

I guess I could just wait until it's delivered in the next week or two... But I was hoping to order it ahead of time.

boom3198

Reaction score
The rails they are referring to are the bright silver aluminum rails at the top of each bedside that the adjustable tiedowns go into. BAK uses pieces of aluminum angle in those slots for the tonneau to latch to and the seals sit on top of those rails. Ill post a stock photo in a min.

boom3198

Reaction score
405 406
Black Rails Silver Rails

The difference is the top of the rails. The silver ones are extruded with different size channels in them and the top of the rail is not nearly as wide. the black ones will not allow the cover to fit between the rails.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
So how do we know if we are getting the black rail or the silver rails? I've also got Rambox, Rambox Utility group, and bed utility group on order.

btshep

Reaction score
you get the black rails if you order the factory tonneau cover with your truck. my 2016 came with the black rails so when I decided to change to backflip f1 cause I wanted a hard cover I had to order the silver rails from my parts department and replace the black rails added hundreds to the swap

ERK

Reaction score
My '19 2500 came with the soft tonneau cover and the "black rails". I am trying to order some of the regular "silver rails" so that I can install my aftermarket cover. Does anyone know if the rails from the '18 2500 will fit? None of the online sites (including mopar store) list parts for '19 2500's yet.

Here are the parts i find for the '18 2500:

Right
Left

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread