Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&W or Fastway?

Pronto

Reaction score
I bought the same pin lock as you, best 40 $ I have spent when it comes to the hitch for sure.
I'll third this. I'm loving this, really solid and quiet. The only thing I don't like is how Ram crammed the eyelets for the safety chains up next to the hitch pin. It's a real pain to try and hook up the safety chain with this hitch lock the way the lock is positioned on it.

woody284

Reaction score
That would last 1/2 a winter here before it was impossible to remove the hitch the liquid calcium they pour on the roads rusts everything fast
I live in west Kentucky. We are calling for a 4 to 8 inch snow here tomorrow and the worlds shutting down. People begging for sleds, clothes for their kids, grocery store are packed, etc. this will be our first real/good snow in 2 or 3 years. It is still a probably a good idea for me to remove it from time to time and do some preventative maintenance on it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I live in west Kentucky. We are calling for a 4 to 8 inch snow here tomorrow and the worlds shutting down. People begging for sleds, clothes for their kids, grocery store are packed, etc. this will be our first real/good snow in 2 or 3 years. It is still a probably a good idea for me to remove it from time to time and do some preventative maintenance on it.
4-8” is just a small snowfall here lol

Squatch

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone looking for that bulletproof setup, it looks like they have some damaged package ones on Amazon if you want to save $40 bucks or so. I just snagged one with the 8 inch drop.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone looking for that bulletproof setup, it looks like they have some damaged package ones on Amazon if you want to save $40 bucks or so. I just snagged one with the 8 inch drop.
No way it’s anything more than a paint scratch

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I guess amazon.ca does not have them they were listed at over 500$ for a 10,000lbs capacity

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I personally like the curt its like the bullet proof but you can get the pintle and dual ball for it too and only 350 for the 6” drop and 20k cap

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
That’s odd that it costs so much for a lesser rated hitch in Canada. My bulletproof Is 22,000lb rating for the 2-5/16” ball. The 2” side is less maybe 14k and It’s $339 currently. Not sure what I paid in ‘19

DAEB4385-61A7-4E9B-A80A-66519792FD01.png

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That’s odd that it costs so much for a lesser rated hitch in Canada. My bulletproof Is 22,000lb rating for the 2-5/16” ball. The 2” side is less maybe 14k and It’s $339 currently. Not sure what I paid in ‘19
was looking at the bw but its still nuts for the bulletproof unfortunately as i do like them

Attachments

• 044644B4-FC8E-4B11-8A6B-6E42F75EB3BC.png
    044644B4-FC8E-4B11-8A6B-6E42F75EB3BC.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

Highcountry

Reaction score
Well after returning the damaged fastway hitch I decided to go with a steel one instead and also to avoid the integrated lock. It would be a major pain to have one out of commission while on a trip if a lock failed etc. I ended up going with a B&W Tow and Stow. It arrived today and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Now I just need to get a good locking pin. Any suggestions on those?

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 29

Pronto

Reaction score
Well after returning the damaged fastway hitch I decided to go with a steel one instead and also to avoid the integrated lock. It would be a major pain to have one out of commission while on a trip if a lock failed etc. I ended up going with a B&W Tow and Stow. It arrived today and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Now I just need to get a good locking pin. Any suggestions on those?

It sure is a stout hitch. There's a suggestion in this thread for a good locking pin that will take away rattle and be a little more secure since it's threaded on. The pin that matters is the one that secures your hitch to your receiver and the typical hitch lock can be busted off pretty quickly. Somebody could take all the other pins but that's not going to do anything except mess with you since it's a captive system. I like elephantrider's matching locks but it's pricey and it makes it more difficult to adjust or stow. I think if you're worried about someone taking your pins to mess with you, it would be cheaper and easier just to carry a backup set of pins in your truck, excluding the pin that actually secures the hitch to your receiver. I don't know but I feel like another good theft deterrent would have been buying a chrome finish instead of black. Unfortunately, only black could be had with the 9" drop that I needed but it does look good.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
those aren't any more difficult to manipulate. other than one key to release the cap screws. I'm either towing or I'm not, so the quicker pin release didn't factor in to my decision. the safety aspect definitely did. they aren't cheap.

saltman

Reaction score
What drop is this one and btw those infinite rule pins are perfection, made in America, and top notch machining, I use them too

Users who are viewing this thread