Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Availability of lift kits

LaneC

Reaction score
Single wheel 2500 4x4.
No problem.... With a BDS Kit it can be lifted up enough to fit 35's under it comfortably. They've got the kit out now, it's been available since the second week in July. Beyond that, I don't know, I don't go higher than that, because it's been my experience your chances of breaking things and having an awful ride increase exponentially when you go upwards of what will get you 35's.

Marshfly

Reaction score
No problem.... With a BDS Kit it can be lifted up enough to fit 35's under it comfortably. They've got the kit out now, it's been available since the second week in July. Beyond that, I don't know, I don't go higher than that, because it's been my experience your chances of breaking things and having an awful ride increase exponentially when you go upwards of what will get you 35's.

These trucks will fit 37s with 2” of lift and very minimal trimming of plastic in the front only. 35s look small on these trucks, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaneC

Reaction score
the 2" kits will get you 35" tires with no trimming, if you trim, Im not sure what's possible, apparently 37's...

Camslameron

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kit you're referring to? they only have a 2" level listed on their website as its been for some time. 35's fit stock. I was putting info out for the upcoming release of kits (other than the one option that has been available) from bds, as i heard it from all out offroad. According to the sales guy there, a 4, 6, and 8 inch offering as it was the previous body style is supposed to be coming mid january or so. I agree, 35's are way too small looking on these trucks, especially the mega cab which I have. I will be getting into a 6 or 8" when they become available.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kit you're referring to? they only have a 2" level listed on their website as its been for some time. 35's fit stock. I was putting info out for the upcoming release of kits (other than the one option that has been available) from bds, as i heard it from all out offroad. According to the sales guy there, a 4, 6, and 8 inch offering as it was the previous body style is supposed to be coming mid january or so. I agree, 35's are way too small looking on these trucks, especially the mega cab which I have. I will be getting into a 6 or 8" when they become available.

Are you planning to run 42s or something bigger? Otherwise a 6-8" lift is a bit ridiculous, unless you're just going for the "brodozer" look.

Camslameron

Reaction score
Are you planning to run 42s or something bigger? Otherwise a 6-8" lift is a bit ridiculous, unless you're just going for the "brodozer" look.

"Ridiculous" is a perspective. I personally think mega cabs look ridiculous with 35's. A huge truck with tiny wheels isn't my thing. Also, you would need about 12" for even the narrowest 42" tire.

jsalbre

Reaction score
"Ridiculous" is a perspective. I personally think mega cabs look ridiculous with 35's. A huge truck with tiny wheels isn't my thing. Also, you would need about 12" for even the narrowest 42" tire.

The 42 may have been a bit of exaggeration, but you definitely don’t need 6” of lift to fit a 37, so what size are you planning to put on?

Camslameron

Reaction score
Its my opinion that the higher the truck, the wider the wheels need to be. These mega cabs are huge trucks and I think they need a minimum of 4" to look proportional. I've had a few 3/4 trucks, different makes, all of them have had anywhere from 4 to 6 inch lifts and 12 wide wheels. There aren't may options for that with these 2019's yet. Fabtech, rough country offer 5" and i'm not a huge fan of either. Patiently waiting for BDS to get it together. Currently thinking about a 6" and 20x12 and 37x13.50's. You can do it with less, but I can't stomach the thought of grinding out that pinch weld and hacking the inner fender on a truck that MSRP's at 75 grand.

Verado300

Reaction score
I have a mega cab 3500srw that I plan on lifting as soon as BDS/Zone come out with their lifts. Planning on the 6.5" with 20"x9", +1, with 37"x12.5" Ridge Grapplers. I don't want the tires sticking out too far, and will wait to see if I need the Bushwacker flares. Hoping I don't. Thought about 10" wide wheels with 13.5" wide tires, with a -12, but I think it may be too much sticking out for my tastes. Some guys like short fat chicks, some like tall thin ones. To each their own.

Verado300

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with BDS/Zone. They said that they expect the 6-6.5" kits to be ready by the first of the year, or in late January. He said the issues they were having was with the front drive shaft vibration, that the index ring was required regardless of speed to alleviate the vibration. They were trying to get that part corrected, but said the parts for the lifts are in production now. I was planning on putting the index ring in anyway.

U

User_1648

If you're interested...Superlift just sent me a note saying that their 4"-4 Link lift will be out in March 2020...or thereabouts.

Users who are viewing this thread