Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

EEBTTF

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you opt for the Aux switches, do you lose the toggles and you get the same configuration as the current HDs?

[MOD] : Swtich part number chart here:

Excellent sticky for DIY add (with factory Aux PDC on Diesel trucks)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pronto

Reaction score
If you get get the aux switches, you lose the toggles and get two rows of buttons. At least from the photos that have been shown.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
RM019_022FT.jpg

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
If you don’t get the aux switches, any chance you still get the electrical bits to control through the screen?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If you don’t get the aux switches, any chance you still get the electrical bits to control through the screen?

Control what though the screen? If you hook anything up and want to control it via a switch, you will have to install your own switch... or you can likely buy the panel/harness and install it... hopefully it doesn't need the dealer to flash to make it work.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
I just picked up my 3500 Longhorn with aux switches. Switches are integrated into the overall electronics. Configuration is done through the commercial menu on th dash. (Normal on, normal off, momentary, etc). On the drivers side firewall towards the top are two Deutsch connectors that are used with the wiring harnesses that are included.

It would appear to be a tough task to add this to a truck that didn’t have the setup from the factory.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Why isn't there an option to have Aux buttons on the Power Wagon?
I would assume they are standard on Powerwagon...but since you asked, I am guessing they are not.

But my guess, standard, therefore not an option. Or I am wrong.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
You only get the AUX Switches if you select the Upfitter Electric Module Option ( code: XXS ) when you build your truck. If you dont, then you will get the normal switches.

PotvinSux

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I just don't see the Aux option even when choosing the Upfitter option. Will need to talk with dealer.

D

Deleted member 80

Maybe the switches for the lockers and the swaybar disconnect take up that space???

Stavo

Reaction score
I did not order/want the aux switches but they are definitely not standard on the PW with 8.4" NAV. Just get the traction control, tow/haul, rear sensor and front sensor switches.1071

PotvinSux

Reaction score
Not ready to pull the trigger yet so I'm waiting to see what happens for 2020. I have looked at pictures of so many PW's and not one as Aux switches. It's so odd that this is not a standard feature.

Also, there is NOT a snow package option. Not sure what's going on with that either since I would think a plow is totally compatible with the PW.

Stavo

Reaction score
Not ready to pull the trigger yet so I'm waiting to see what happens for 2020. I have looked at pictures of so many PW's and not one as Aux switches. It's so odd that this is not a standard feature.

Also, there is NOT a snow package option. Not sure what's going on with that either since I would think a plow is totally compatible with the PW.
My guess here is that you can't fit a snow plow up there with the winch or that the off road suspension is not setup to carry the weight of a plow up front (or both). We know the payload and GVWR is much lower than a standard 2500.

jpaeth

Reaction score
You only get the AUX Switches if you select the Upfitter Electric Module Option ( code: XXS ) when you build your truck. If you dont, then you will get the normal switches.
This is incorrect, I ordered my truck with the aux switches WITHOUT the upfitter module. I would think it would be if you get the upfitter module you can ONLY have the aux switches, but not the other way around. I can't remember what functionality the module gives you exactly but it wasn't something I needed, so i just got the switches.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
I had to purchase my truck off the lot since my old truck died (a slow, expensive death). My truck does not have the Aux switches. Has anyone attempted to add the Aux switches to a truck that didn't come from the factory with them? I'm guessing the wiring harness is behind the dash and it would be almost plug-and-play, but I'd like confirmation if anyone has already looked into it. Bonus points if anyone knows the part numbers for the switches and the electrical components that will need to be added at the fuse box. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread