Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switch Wiring setup

ghaynes754

Reaction score
i have the Aux Switch option and have run into a possible missing part. Looking at the kit bag with the instructions and wiring harnesses I see that on the instruction guide there is a Vehicle Wiring, Blunt end wire harness (location F) which brings battery or ignition triggered power to the back of the truck. To enable this circuit there is an open plug up under the dash just above the emergency brake pedal that needs a jumper plug inserted, described on the schematic as a Light Gray Port_Upfitters_2_D2621A_Body_D) and is part of the "Jumper (supplied Upfitter Kit to be installed by Customer)", page 7 in the instructions.

Doesn't appear to be part of the Aux Switch materials so I am looking for a part number for this kit. Side note this plug could also give you 12V power circuit into the cab.

D

Deleted member 80

Shown at the 2:50 mark. The kit for my 2015 had it in the bag. If it is not there, send an inquiry through the Ram upfitter/body builder site, they generally respond promptly, and are quite helpful.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Thanks. That looks like the correct plug type but on the 2019 it is a jumper connection, at least from the schematic, and not a plug with long wires. Also the 2019 connection doesn't have anything to do with PTO in a non PTO truck.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Ram Upfitters responded to my question and the plug shown in the video as suggested by 1HasBeen is correct. Confusion on my part was that the schematics call it a jumper. In this case the jumper has jumper loops that are about 29" long. Not your typical pin to pin jumper length.

D

Deleted member 80

Ram Upfitters responded to my question and the plug shown in the video as suggested by 1HasBeen is correct. Confusion on my part was that the schematics call it a jumper. In this case the jumper has jumper loops that are about 29" long. Not your typical pin to pin jumper length.
Glad you got it squared away. The instructions can be a bit hard to decipher, so it is good that they are responsive and helpful. The rest of FCA should have their attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread