Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX pass-thru wiring.

Florotory

Reaction score
changing the panel to the aux switches alone, will not get you functioning aux controls.

That I do know. But there’s no extra wiring needed at the switches. (From what I’ve read/watched)

I’m trying to figure out where the wiring from the plugs on the side of the PDC goes. Do they go into the AUX PDC.

Basically:

Aux Switches——-AUX PDC——>AUX Plug on side of AUX PDC?

I know the AUX PDC on my truck is only wired for Cabin Heating and I need to wire it for the aux switches. I’m just needing to know where the wires from the aux plugs go to. All the pics I’ve seen of the harness looks like they could go either into the AUX PDC or somewhere else into the harness.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
Ok so the plugs that come in that kit are what plugs into the connectors attached to the side of the AUX PDC? I thought both the male and female sides where Gray.

Where do the wires from the back side of the plug go? Into the AUX PDC? Or the cab of the truck? Pic attached
3de33986a76871fad66172612676b9c6.jpg

Thanks. I wish I had someone close by that has them. Then I could look at what they have.

I haven’t traced them back but according to the wiring diagram they go to the PDC. I’ll pop the hood when I get home and take a pick as I have both sides plugged in so you can see.

mountainears

Reaction score
Once again my memory failed me :). The plugs match in color. One is dark gray and the other light. The wire bundle is difficult to see with a camera and I wasn’t going to unbolt the PDC to confirm. But following the wire bundle with my hand it goes around the back and down but feels like it comes back up to the PDC which would match the wiring diagram. I haven’t seen how the PDC comes but maybe that harness is part of that package?

My thinking is that those who don’t use the factory PDC don’t worry about those plugs.

bce8d2a41d97141663c9b6fee5569b8e.jpg

e74550958b72a7a44e975fed47e44491.jpg

Florotory

Reaction score
Once again my memory failed me :). The plugs match in color. One is dark gray and the other light. The wire bundle is difficult to see with a camera and I wasn’t going to unbolt the PDC to confirm. But following the wire bundle with my hand it goes around the back and down but feels like it comes back up to the PDC which would match the wiring diagram. I haven’t seen how the PDC comes but maybe that harness is part of that package?

My thinking is that those who don’t use the factory PDC don’t worry about those plugs.

bce8d2a41d97141663c9b6fee5569b8e.jpg

e74550958b72a7a44e975fed47e44491.jpg

Thank you. I appreciate it

Florotory

Reaction score
So it looks like I’m missing connector X/Y 125A under the dash. So I’ll probably have to make a harness that bypasses that. Was hoping to keep the project as close to OEM as possible looks like it might not work.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I can barely remember installing Paul's kit but it was a full wire job that jumped from the fuse box to the PDC, along with the aux underhood inputs. nothing else was needed for the interior panel. a few alfa adjustments and it was online.

Florotory

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this is the correct part number for 2020 2500 Laramie 6.7? Exhaust brake, tow/haul, and front/rear park buttons and the 6 aux buttons. Reason I ask is all the site show this for a 2019 2500 which I would think would be the same but when I put my YMM in it says “Does. It fit your vehicle” part number: 68376644ae thanks again

Florotory

Reaction score
For anyone wanting to install Aux switches and wants to have the factory look under the hood. Here is the link for the plugs that go on the side of the Aux PDC. there are links on the page for the seals, pins and other side of connector. I didnt see it in any of the posts so if i missed it sorry.

Florotory

Reaction score
Would anyone mind letting me use their VIN to make sure I get the right switch bank when I call the dealer? You can PM me if you want. I just don’t want to order the switch and it be the wrong one and get hassled about returning it.

I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie w/ 6.7L so I need the bank that has tow/haul, exhaust brake, front/rear park sensors and then the 6 AUX buttons.

Thank you

dantex

Reaction score
Would anyone mind letting me use their VIN to make sure I get the right switch bank when I call the dealer? You can PM me if you want. I just don’t want to order the switch and it be the wrong one and get hassled about returning it.

I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie w/ 6.7L so I need the bank that has tow/haul, exhaust brake, front/rear park sensors and then the 6 AUX buttons.

Thank you

According to https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/aux-switches.97/post-87770
It looks like that would be 68376644, which seems to match on https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/SWITCH-INSTRUMENT-PANEL/13264222/68376644AE.html
[Instrument Panel Parts Module], [SMART DIESEL EXHAUST BRAKE], [ParkSense FT/RR Park Assist System], [Black Switches].

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Florotory

Reaction score
I am making a jumper harness so that I don't have to worry about messing up the factory harness. Can one of you experts verify that i have my wiring, correct? I'm not a professional diagram maker so cut me some slack lol. Basically, its Red, orange, black from Factory harness will pin into the plug for the jumper and plug into the back of the switch bank, then the 6 aux wires will come out of the back of the jumper plug connected to the switch bank and will go to the AUX PDC. IF correct it should all be PNP. I have the plugs and pins ordered.

Attachments

• Aux switch jumper harness diagram.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 19

Florotory

Reaction score
337ec7290bca44d07846f7d3642c03e7.jpg

Got most of the connectors needed to do a factory(ish) install of aux switches. Just waiting for the Relays to arrive and I still need to order the switch bank.
In the meantime I’m Gona build the jumper harness and harness to go to the PDC

Thank you to all that have helped answer questions so far. Once done I’ll put up a how to post with all the people that helped tagged.

Florotory

Reaction score
Ok so I am going through the stuff i bought for the AUX Switch install to make sure I have everything I need. Grouping parts that go together in one spot ect ect. I am still waiting on the relays to arrive along with one connector behind the Switch bank for the jumper harness.

Problem I have is I have 3 packs of connectors that I can't remember what they were going to go to. Most likely the AUX PDC but I want to be sure before I dig into this and realize it's the wrong connection or whatever.
I think it's:
42475-2 is for AUX PDC to allow fuses to plug in???
180351-2 is possibly for AUX PDC for relays??? EDIT: upon looking farther i believe these go from relay to aux connector on side of PDC
63347-1 is smaller terminal.

It would probably make more sense to me what they go to if I had all the relays and connectors here but, it will be a few days till everything is here except the switch bank, I still need to order that. I got the part numbers from one of the forums or a link that led me to them but, like a fool I didn't write down what they were going too. Any help would be appreciated and please feel free to beat me up over it.lol

Attachments

• fuse maybe.PNG
    fuse maybe.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 22
  • not relay.PNG
    not relay.PNG
    88.4 KB · Views: 21
  • relay connector maybe.PNG
    relay connector maybe.PNG
    87.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Florotory

Reaction score
Started on making the PNP wire harness's. I ran out of 12ga wire for the aux plug on the side of the aux pdc so I only have one plug made. The white wires will go to relay switch fuse to all 6 of the aux relays (86), the long harness is for the jumper behind the switches. I’m waiting for the pins for the black plug to come in (Tues) and I’ll be able to clean it up so it’s nice and neat.

I have not ordered the AUX switches yet. Can I go ahead and install everything? Then when the switch bank comes in all I have to do is plug it in and program it?

EDIT: thank you to everyone that has provided info on this whether it was in this thread or PM. Once done I’ll do a DIY and make sure credit is given.

Attachments

• D8326F41-840C-4CCF-A2C3-C9EF689B865E.jpeg
    D8326F41-840C-4CCF-A2C3-C9EF689B865E.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 1B144E3B-8474-46A7-B0F7-84256E09A56C.jpeg
    1B144E3B-8474-46A7-B0F7-84256E09A56C.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 78843517-BECD-4384-80C3-27C9B6624109.jpeg
    78843517-BECD-4384-80C3-27C9B6624109.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ppapavero

Reaction score
I believe I have the four blunt cut bundle located but I have not tested where the other end is yet as I am having trouble under the dash. See 1st photo which is, I believe the 4 wires Brutal refers to. But I don't find the other end of those 4 wires under the dash?

But the only connector I can find under the dash by the parking brake and steering column is what is pictured in the 2nd photo. That was taped way up in a spot uncomfortably small for my hands but I managed to move it a few inches to get a better look. It does not look to me like this is what RAM describes in the schematic as "D", "Port Upfitters Connecters, Under Dash Board near park brake bracket / Steering Column"? Or is it?? It does not look like the 12 gauge connector I found in the upfitters bag (photo 3), will fit into it, but maybe it will.

But if photo #2 is the correct socket for the wires with connector in photo 3, than why does photo 3 have wires in all 6 spots where as that connector in photo 2 only has 3 wires into the back. I see that there are two wires looped on the photo 3 plug and then two blunt cut wires. I am confused as to why that is? What are the two looped wires for? I am not good enough reading the schematic to figure it out so if someone could explain I would appreciate it. I thought I had found the answer in an earlier post in this thread but after reading it a couple of times, I still don't think I get it. Thanks.

View attachment 15636View attachment 15637View attachment 15638

On edit: I found another connector that looks more promising. It was staring me in the face almost too obvious to miss, but I did. It is the gray one shown in photo 4 below. Is that what the wire connector in photo 3 plugs in to? And I still have not figured out the answers to the original questions above. Thanks again for educating a schematic dummy.

View attachment 15639
Anyone ever figure out what the 4 blunt wires wrapped with yellow tape are for in this first picture?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out what the 4 blunt wires wrapped with yellow tape are for in this first picture?
21+ pass-thru wiring, covered here:

TrevorSmoove

Reaction score
Is Last State not saving also an issue with the HDs, just like the 1500’s? Just installed everything and everything works except Last State is not saving after leaving switches on.

Users who are viewing this thread