Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux fuel tank

Rappr

Reaction score
Is anyone running a gravity flow aux tank in their truck and does it cause any problems with the MPG/Miles Remaining until Empty sensors?

I just bought a new 3500 DRW to replace my 2001 F350 DRW and want to swap my RDS 90 gallon tank from the Ford to the Ram (no issues on my old Ford gauges/sensors).

Rappr

Reaction score
I am sure someone has experience with gravity fed diesel and if it will generate a fault code with the “Miles Remaining Until Empty” sensor

EGT75

Reaction score
My understanding was that a gravity flow auxiliary fuel tank is not recommended and prone to leaking and overflowing. I have installed in my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel short bed a Titan 40 gal Auxiliary Fuel Tank. It automatically pumps fuel from the top of the tank into the vehicles main tank. There are a range of tank size and placement options.

Rappr

Reaction score
My understanding was that a gravity flow auxiliary fuel tank is not recommended and prone to leaking and overflowing. I have installed in my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel short bed a Titan 40 gal Auxiliary Fuel Tank. It automatically pumps fuel from the top of the tank into the vehicles main tank. There are a range of tank size and placement options.
I have used my RDS gravity fed aux tank in my F350 for over 6 years. I installed it and it has never leaked a drop of fuel. My question is; does it cause any default codes?

EGT75

Reaction score
I do not get any error codes by pumping in fuel from the Titan Aux Fuel Tank to the main tank. When I push the button on the controller, it pumps about 5 gals into the main tank. The fuel gauge slowly increases and the Miles to Empty (Range) number slowly increases. I do not get any codes. Not sure why any codes would show.

Rappr

Reaction score
I do not get any error codes by pumping in fuel from the Titan Aux Fuel Tank to the main tank. When I push the button on the controller, it pumps about 5 gals into the main tank. The fuel gauge slowly increases and the Miles to Empty (Range) number slowly increases. I do not get any codes. Not sure why any codes would show.
Thats all I needed to
Know, thanks.

Nick

Reaction score
I have used my RDS gravity fed aux tank in my F350 for over 6 years. I installed it and it has never leaked a drop of fuel. My question is; does it cause any default codes?
I have a friend with a 2012 Ram 2500 with a gravity fed same style tank you have . He has not had a problem

Vapor567

Reaction score
Is your truck has or diesel?

Vapor567

Reaction score
You can ONLY do this with diesel. DOT regulation prohibit it with gasoline (too explosive!)
Ok thanks, was thinking that was the case. I saw Titan tank sells an aux 15 gallon gas tank that goes over the wheel well in the bed for gasoline. Was thinking of making some 12v pump to fill in the actual gas inlet (when pulled over and truck off of course).

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I’m running an RDS tank gravity feed.
Its the 41 gallon short bed option for my Megacab.
It’s outstanding and holds about 36 actual gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rappr

Reaction score
I’m running an RDS tank gravity feed.
Its the 41 gallon short bed option for my Megacab.
It’s outstanding and holds about 36 actual gallons.

I asked if anyone had one and if it threw any codes...I never really got an answer.

Now I know...it doesn’t and works like a champ

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Yupper no codes here nor have I had overfill issues. I have tried leaving gravity on all the time and running my tank empty and refilling. I both scenarios it has been good to go.

Rappr

Reaction score
Yupper no codes here nor have I had overfill issues. I have tried leaving gravity on all the time and running my tank empty and refilling. I both scenarios it has been good to go.

I never even bother filling through the main tank fuel port any more.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I never even bother filling through the main tank fuel port any more.

Depending on your the size of your aux tank I get it.

For me I have a fuel card for loves pilot petro and a few others so I just bull fill once and call it good.

The tank is certainly nice for sure

Rappr

Reaction score
Depending on your the size of your aux tank I get it.

For me I have a fuel card for loves pilot petro and a few others so I just bull fill once and call it good.

The tank is certainly nice for sure

I have a 91 gallon tank. I pull a heavy 5er so its really nice to bypass expensive diesel pumps. I can pull about 1200 miles without re-fueling.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I have a 91 gallon tank. I pull a heavy 5er so its really nice to bypass expensive diesel pumps. I can pull about 1200 miles without re-fueling.

What’s your average MPG?

Users who are viewing this thread