Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio upgrades.

Jeffww505

Reaction score
Any one here not impressed with the Harmon karden 17 speaker system? Any one change the sun and ad an amp? And pointers or suggestions?

Grayson

Reaction score
Any one here not impressed with the Harmon karden 17 speaker system? Any one change the sun and ad an amp? And pointers or suggestions?
Find an expert or wait for PAC to come out with adapter kit; plugs on uconnect5 are different

JHeat2500

Reaction score
PAC is the way to go or add a multichannel amp/dsp combo with summable inputs. The latter requires a lot more work and knowledge, plus you lose some convenience features. PAC Amp pro units are worth every penny IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Grayson

Reaction score
You could start with speaker replacement of the same or less ohm than what the HK system has. I don't know anything regarding the specs of that system.

Markposen304

Reaction score
I agree. The 10-speaker Alpine in my ‘13 sport was a much fuller sound. This one is a little bright for my liking. Am I reading this right that the H/K doesn’t have a sub???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UglyViking

Reaction score
I agree. The 10-speaker Alpine in my ‘13 sport was a much fuller sound. This one is a little bright for my liking. Am I reading this right that the H/K doesn’t have a sub???

I feel the same about the HK system being a bit too bright, had to tune it down. It does have a small sub.

Markposen304

Reaction score
I feel the same about the HK system being a bit too bright, had to tune it down. It does have a small sub.

I tuned it down but it still is tinny compared to the Alpine. I would agree with the folks that mentioned it is better on some sources than SXM.

JHeat2500

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind if you start swapping out speakers with aftermarket ones. The HK system uses passive crossovers built in to the factory speakers. If you replace them, you need to add the ability to tune them, so you'll have to add your own crossovers.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Grayson

Reaction score
I tuned it down but it still is tinny compared to the Alpine. I would agree with the folks that mentioned it is better on some sources than SXM.

The difference from my phone to XM is crazy. I think the alpine is getting better as the speakers break in. I have treble set between -5 & -7. The factory EQ almost seems like a complete opposite of what it should be IMO

Users who are viewing this thread