Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articulink? Technical discussion

Lumpskie

Reaction score
@Lumpskie Any updates on your flexi-Cummins? How’s it all going?

Glad you asked. My suspension is now doing exactly what I need it to do. I joined the local volunteer fire department and live in a fairly rural area. Most of my calls are on dirt roads and, in the winter, through unmaintained roads. I went on a call today where I had to climb a roughly 2 foot tall wall of ice to get onto someone's property. My rig was able to flex enough to keep the wheels all down and get me traction to make the climb without sliding. I was first on scene. When we were all leaving, I could see some skepticism from the other personnel... I climbed back out without any issue. I haven't noticed any drawback when driving through potholes, unmaintained dirt roads or on the street either. The combo of the AEV suspension (with stock springs) and the arm seems to work well together for me. Roll stiffness is enough to turn flat on the road but is not so much to prevent flex. I'm pretty happy with my suspension setup at this point.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Glad you asked. My suspension is now doing exactly what I need it to do. I joined the local volunteer fire department and live in a fairly rural area. Most of my calls are on dirt roads and, in the winter, through unmaintained roads. I went on a call today where I had to climb a roughly 2 foot tall wall of ice to get onto someone's property. My rig was able to flex enough to keep the wheels all down and get me traction to make the climb without sliding. I was first on scene. When we were all leaving, I could see some skepticism from the other personnel... I climbed back out without any issue. I haven't noticed any drawback when driving through potholes, unmaintained dirt roads or on the street either. The combo of the AEV suspension (with stock springs) and the arm seems to work well together for me. Roll stiffness is enough to turn flat on the road but is not so much to prevent flex. I'm pretty happy with my suspension setup at this point.
Do you think there’s any improvement in ride quality over small bumps/potholes/speed bumps with the additional rubber bushing?

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Do you think there’s any improvement in ride quality over small bumps/potholes/speed bumps with the additional rubber bushing?
I'd say that straight bump performance is pretty much the same as before. (thinking of when axle goes straight up and down) But, I'd say the truck is smoother overall because the resistance to a single wheel moving up and down is easier. It's kind of tough to get a good comparison because I never got to drive these roads on the stock arm setup.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Metalcloak makes a fixed radius arm and a Y link style radius arm. The Y style radius arm is more like the articulink arms discussed in this thread but the fixed ones are also adjustable length

I’m considering getting the fixed radius arms and pushing my front axle forward nearly 1” to run a larger tire on less lift with no rubbing

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Metalcloak makes a fixed radius arm and a Y link style radius arm. The Y style radius arm is more like the articulink arms discussed in this thread but the fixed ones are also adjustable length

I’m considering getting the fixed radius arms and pushing my front axle forward nearly 1” to run a larger tire on less lift with no rubbing

1" is a lot. I'll be following along to see what, if any, interference develops in the steering.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
1" is a lot. I'll be following along to see what, if any, interference develops in the steering.
Should be good to go. Probably won’t be a full inch of stretch needed to achieve what I want anyway. I don’t anticipate any issues. This is the only rig I own that doesn’t have a front stretch on it yet. I relocated the steering box on the other rigs but they’ve both got a lot more stretch.

jeepkevin

Reaction score
The only thing is these arms don't add the 3rd bushing like the Articulink. And they don't say if the arms are designed for stock height or lifted application, how much castor is or isn't add to the design of the arm.

I used their true radius arms with the #8021 uppers on both sides. I didn't want drop brackets but did want castor to be spot on at an additional of 2" of ride height. I also wanted to push my front axle forward just a touch. Track bar to diff cover seems to be my closest spot. A little bit of bump stop solved that.

So far still super happy with their product. Give them a call, they were very knowledgeable to talk to. They sent me a message on this forum, maybe if you mention that they could work with you on price. Fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread