Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articulink? Technical discussion

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So what's the difference between his fabed arms and OEM arms?
Different angles?
Different lengths?
Higher angle for clearance?

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
So what's the difference between his fabed arms and OEM arms?
Different angles?
Different lengths?
Higher angle for clearance?
Ground Clearance
Caster adjustment
Length adjustment
Strength
Durability
Serviceability
They likely wont flex any more than factory PW OEM, but they will certainly flex more than 2500 arms or other aftermarket options.

I don't know if he's planning on selling them, I posted them here because they are cool

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Ground Clearance
Caster adjustment
Length adjustment
Strength
Durability
Serviceability
They likely wont flex any more than factory PW OEM, but they will certainly flex more than 2500 arms or other aftermarket options.

I don't know if he's planning on selling them, I posted them here because they are cool
All this. I want a set.

jsalbre

Reaction score
How much length adjustment can the factory driveshaft handle?

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Man, those look really high quality. I wish he used rubber bushings instead of the spherical design (so that they would allow for flex like the PW arms) but they look really well built.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So is there an issue with the OEM castor adjustment? It works on the PW. But I have heard that with a big lift, you may not be able to get the full adjustment of Castor.
Length I could see helping if you are doing a big lift. But clearance I dont see as with a big lift, you need to lower the rear mounting point to make the rod more level.
Just dont see a huge benefit in it. Maybe for a stock 2500. But then why not just buy a PW arm unless these cost less.

jsalbre

Reaction score
They're impressive, but I feel with that much work put in why not just do a 5 link conversion?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not even in the same ballpark when it comes to the amount of work and degree of difficulty to get it right
I mean there are already kits for that conversion, so the work is done. If the articulink arms don’t give the amount of flex you need then the next logical step is to install one of those.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I mean there are already kits for that conversion, so the work is done. If the articulink arms don’t give the amount of flex you need then the next logical step is to install one of those.
I read your suggestion differently. I took it to say that if he went to the trouble to design a new radius arm, why not design a new 4(5) link?

There are already radius arms on the market. But, he made a better one.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I read your suggestion differently. I took it to say that if he went to the trouble to design a new radius arm, why not design a new 4(5) link?

There are already radius arms on the market. But, he made a better one.
Yeah, I can see how it could be taken that way.

I’m honestly not sure why the PW doesn’t use a 5 link from the factory. It’s not like they don’t have a ton of experience building those. I suppose they do take up a bit more space though.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see how it could be taken that way.

I’m honestly not sure why the PW doesn’t use a 5 link from the factory. It’s not like they don’t have a ton of experience building those. I suppose they do take up a bit more space though.
All of the other 2500s are using the Radius arm setup. It was much more cost effective to modify the control arms rather than redesign the entire suspension for a niche vehicle. The radius arm setup is very effective and there honestly will be very little gained by building a 5 link.

jsalbre

Reaction score
All of the other 2500s are using the Radius arm setup. It was much more cost effective to modify the control arms rather than redesign the entire suspension for a niche vehicle. The radius arm setup is very effective and there honestly will be very little gained by building a 5 link.
I suppose that's true. There's definitely an advantage to a 5 link though once you get to longer travel systems. The steering change with a radius arm rolling the axle can be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread