Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are UConnect Systems Interchangeable Between Models?

01Time

Reaction score
I am going to be swapping my 8.4 for a 12.1 in my 2020 Ram 3500 Tradesman in the near future. My wife has a 2017 Pacifica Limited with an 8.4 (p/n 68232026AM) with the Harmon Kardon speakers. Both of our radios are 8.4, but hers does not have the bells and whistles that my former-to-be 8.4 has. Would I be able to (plug-n-play) install my 8.4 into her Pacifica?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Generally, yes, you can get away with swapping radios between models. I actually tried installing the same radio your wife’s Pacifica has (that part number is the radio module, and the screen is separate, just like the 12”) into my 2017 ram, but couldn’t get it to work. It was a junkyard pull, so I couldn’t determine if the radio itself was defective. Since you already have both radios on hand, give it a try. If your current 8.4 in your Ram is non-navigation, when you install it in the Pacifica, you will need to use AlfaOBD to change cabin Net: DCSD display screen Module to disabled.

01Time

Reaction score
Thank you. My wife will be happy to hear that she will probably have Apple CarPlay in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread