Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know of a tuner for tuning out EGR?

Rammer

Reaction score
Hi just new to HD Ram (previously had a 1500 ECO) and wondering if anyone knows of a reasonably priced tuner available in Canada that can tune out the EGR? I had a GDE tune on my ECO that worked beautifully and would like to find something similar for the Cummins because the idea of all that soot being fed back into the engine worries me. Would love to hear from anyone who knows of a reasonably priced solution.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi just new to HD Ram (previously had a 1500 ECO) and wondering if anyone knows of a reasonably priced tuner available in Canada that can tune out the EGR? I had a GDE tune on my ECO that worked beautifully and would like to find something similar for the Cummins because the idea of all that soot being fed back into the engine worries me. Would love to hear from anyone who knows of a reasonably priced solution.
No tuning is reasonably priced for these trucks unfortunately but there are a couple of options, hopefully someone who has done it can chime in.... i know when i hit the 100,000km ill be fully deleting mine no more jugs of horse piss

Rammer

Reaction score
Yes, so far all I've come up with is DRD but the cost is outrageous. The GDE tune that I used on my EcoDiesel was about $650 which I could handle and it was worth it to tune out the EGR. I'm not too concerned about the horse piss (doesn't use that much anyway), but I've seen how the soot builds up on the intake side (fouled up the map sensor on my EcoDiesel before I got the tune) so I'd really like to keep that out of my engine..

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes, so far all I've come up with is DRD but the cost is outrageous. The GDE tune that I used on my EcoDiesel was about $650 which I could handle and it was worth it to tune out the EGR. I'm not too concerned about the horse piss (doesn't use that much anyway), but I've seen how the soot builds up on the intake side (fouled up the map sensor on my EcoDiesel before I got the tune) so I'd really like to keep that out of my engine..
Just the tuner unit is 1000+ then you have to buy the tunes

Users who are viewing this thread