Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Picked it up from the dealer. Here is what my alignment was. This is with 506 miles on the truck. I don’t know how to read it but I’m assuming green is good now.
It should be 0 toe really but thats within RAMs specs

Milly

Reaction score
It should be 0 toe really but thats within RAMs specs
I have to bring it back in. Steering wheel is still crooked to the right. Is this normal on 2500’s? I feel like I can’t let off the steering wheel at all or it goes all over the place. My wife’s pilot and all of my last trucks drive straight and only start carving right after 5-10 seconds. This is killing my ocd and bugs me that it will not drive straight even for a second.

Attachments

• IMG_5434.jpeg
    IMG_5434.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 23

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have to bring it back in. Steering wheel is still crooked to the right. Is this normal on 2500’s? I feel like I can’t let off the steering wheel at all or it goes all over the place. My wife’s pilot and all of my last trucks drive straight and on start carving right after 5-10 seconds. This is killing my ocd and bugs me that it will not drive straight even for a second.
Mine drives straight as an arrow and no wandering when i let go of the wheel

Milly

Reaction score
Honestly this truck feels like an old f350. That’s the best way to explain it. Steering is not tight at all and crooked to the right.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Milly

Reaction score
You can adjust the drag link to fix the steering wheel issue, takes about 5min and 1 size wrench. (I forget what size)
Just found a video on YouTube. Looks super easy

TexasGuy

Reaction score
Minor problem with my radio screen fading to black and had to hard reset. Turns out the radio fuse was loose . It’s under the PCM btw. The stock black shocks were garbage, replaced with Bilsteins. Adjusted tailgate strikers myself, prior to recall announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasGuy

Reaction score
Took 2 mins…. Steering wheel straight.

You just changed your toe settings likely about 2° will affect how vehicle tracks slightly ; steering wheel alignment is set visually while on alignment rack.

flan

Reaction score
You just changed your toe settings likely about 2° will affect how vehicle tracks slightly ; steering wheel alignment is set visually while on alignment rack.

Are you saying the adjustment he made to his steering wheel adjusted his toe settings? If so that’s incorrect.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

No, he didn’t. The only thing he did was moved the pitman arm, which in turn rotated the steering gear, which ultimately moved the steering wheel position. If you get under the truck and look at the drag link, you’ll see that there is no way the toe could be affected by adjusting the drag link.

Milly

Reaction score
No, he didn’t. The only thing he did was moved the pitman arm, which in turn rotated the steering gear, which ultimately moved the steering wheel position. If you get under the truck and look at the drag link, you’ll see that there is no way the toe could be affected by adjusting the drag link.
The only thing that moved when adjusting was the steering wheel. But if it did happen to move the toe angle maybe it moved it closer to 0 degrees. Here is my alignment specs before and after prior to me adjusting the drag link.

In all of the reading I have done about this states that toe should be set first and then the drag link. IMG_4333.jpegIMG_4335.jpegIMG_4347.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The only thing that moved when adjusting was the steering wheel. But if it did happen to move the toe angle maybe it moved it closer to 0 degrees. Here is my alignment specs before and after prior to me adjusting the drag link.

In all of the reading I have done about this states that toe should be set first and then the drag link. View attachment 58387View attachment 58388View attachment 58389
It does not have to be the last adjustment made but most people do it last anyway

TimW73

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the 12” navigation in mine. Most times when I put a destination into it the system reboots the navigation. Occasionally it reboots the whole Uconnect system. I have an appointment with a dealer Wednesday. I hope they can fix it with a software update. Otherwise I am happy with the truck.
I’ve had then same happen in mine. Usually at random while driving. 2022 with 6000 miles.

Scott64pw

Reaction score
I'm starting to get phantom wipe front park sensors/front park sensors disabled messages. They randomly come on at start up or even while driving and then after a while it goes away and my sensors are re-enabled. Checked all the fuses are seated properly as I've also been blowing right or left side trailer brake/turn signal fuses with either of my trailers connected. The trailers caused no issues when they were attached to my previous Jeep GC or when I tested them on my wife's Infiniti Qx80.

Just a couple of things I need to bring in for the dealer to check when I get time. Not a big deal.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same error. I'm thinking it could be related to when the car temp gets above 100F

Scott64pw

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their front parking sensors? Once almost every drive I'll get a notification on the EVIC saying "Front park sensors unavailable, wipe off sensors." Having them error out is typically a non issue since I back into all my parking spots but today they were alerting me while I was in reverse which was absolutely annoying.

OA
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same error. I'm thinking it could be related to when the car temp gets above 100F

Ziggy

Reaction score
I have a 8 inch drop BW tow & stow hitch and when it ISN'T in the stow away position, it sets off my backup sensor. took me quite awhile to realize that this was happening and had thought it was a issue with my sensor. couldn't for the best of me accept the hitch was causing this.
I know this is an old thread, but I think I found the solution. Just got a 2023 2500 limited and as soon as I put my B&W 9 inch drop hitch on that I ran on both my 2021 and 2018 2500 Limited's, the backup sensors go nuts and see the hitch, even if its folded up underneath. Never had this issue before.

I figured something was wonky with one of the sensors and narrowed it down to the inside passenger sensor. Used foam and tape to cover each inside sensor and only the passenger side complained. Could not even get a dealer to swap it out quickly under warranty, since they demanded a 2-3 week window before they could see me for a simple sensor swap. So I just bought one and in about a minute I have a new sensor and no more issues. I am guessing some sensors are being made just out of spec and the signal is either aiming too low or toward the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread