Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Toyota volume/discount dealers out there?

Etoimos

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a volume/discount Toyota dealer? My daughter is ready to buy her first car and wants a Corolla hatchback. I know this is not truck related, but thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone could help.

tchur1

Reaction score
If she is willing to lease have her check leasehackr. I leased my tundra from Tustin Toyota for like $250 a month with no money down. Cody Carter handles online sales and was solid to work with. Idk if their discounts are as deep with current market but could be worth checking

Etoimos

Reaction score
If she is willing to lease have her check leasehackr. I leased my tundra from Tustin Toyota for like $250 a month with no money down. Cody Carter handles online sales and was solid to work with. Idk if their discounts are as deep with current market but could be worth checking

Thanks. As her first car I am steering her away from leasing. I'll shoot them an email and see what they can do on a new build to order though, can't hurt.

tchur1

Reaction score
Toyota doesn’t do new custom orders just fyi. You would be grabbing incoming allocation of a dealer order.

tchur1

Reaction score
You can check Cody's stuff here, both lease and purchase deals. Doesnt look like the deals are crazy good anymore but might provide a starting point.

Autobroker

Reaction score
Plan on paying $1K to $5K over MSRP. Yes, over MSRP!

Inventory levels are super low, so dealers are marking up cars. I just had a client try to get a Prius Prime - $16K over MSRP! It was the only one in the state of CA, so they marked it up like crazy!

There are some cars which can be bought below MSRP. Not many, but a few.

I doubt she would want one, but I got my 2022 2500 CC 4X4 Diesel Laramie below MSRP. Same for my 2022 4Runner TRD Sport - below MSRP also.

Autobroker

Reaction score
Ahhhh...No it's not!!
What???

How can you say this?

Please let me know where you can get Corolla's for less than MSRP. Not a guess, but someone who is actually going to sell the car for less than MSRP and they're not going to add unwanted junk like paint protection, Phantom Footprints, CARR alarms, etc.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
What???

How can you say this?

Well, I am 58 and bought my first new car when I was 21 and as of today I have never paid full MSRP. Believe me, I got azz ra**d on the deal I got when I was 21, but I didn't pay MSRP! If I would have died or lost my job they swindled me into an insurance policy that would have made my payments but I did not pay MSRP. Don't even ask my interest rate!

Autobroker

Reaction score
Well, I am 58 and bought my first new car when I was 21 and as of today I have never paid full MSRP. Believe me, I got azz ra**d on the deal I got when I was 21, but I didn't pay MSRP! If I would have died or lost my job they swindled me into an insurance policy that would have made my payments but I did not pay MSRP. Don't even ask my interest rate!
Normally, you're 100% correct. Never pay MSRP unless it's a very rare car.

Today, things are very different. I've been in the business for 20 years, so I know a lot about this industry. New cars are in short supply - one of my Toyota guys told me that he had 2 brand new cars on the lot. I was just at Longo Lexus - largest in the US. They had one brand new car in the showroom and a handful of new RX's in front - they just received the shipment that day!

For those who need to buy a car, they're going to pay a premium. Toyota Tacoma trucks at $5K to $10K over MSRP (one dealer in the San Fernando Valley is $16K over MSRP). Prius Prime's way over MSRP. Or how about a used Prius selling for more than the sticker price of a new one?

What I'm asking my clients is what their time frame is. If it's in the next year - as in, they need to get a car in the next year, I'm advising them to order the car or I'll put their name on an incoming car. If they can wait, I'm advising them to wait.

There is an exception; if they have a late model trade in that's desirable (most cars are), then I'll be able to get a very high price, so it offsets the high price they'll pay for their new car.

I'm hoping that the auto industry will get back to some semblance of normal, but until then, I'm stuck paying the prices the dealer is asking. And one good thing; I have excellent relationships with dealers, so I can get cars that otherwise seem to be unavailable and prices are less than if buying retail.

Users who are viewing this thread