Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti theft

branz95

Reaction score
This just happened to me. Has anyone figured out how to reset this anti theft? Dealership claims to be booked out a month till they can even look at my truck. Went to start it one night and screen popped up on my 12" uconnect asking for an anti theft pin. Before I could even attempt to figure out what was going on the lights in the interior started flashing and the truck went completely dead. Key fob doesn't work, no lights come on when I open the door, start button is useless. My battery voltage is good, the truck is just dead in the water. It's unbelievable I have to go without a truck for 1 month. Dealership also claims no loaners available even if I wanted one. Ram cares was gonna tow it to the nearest dealership but when I talked to the dealership they advised me not to even tow it there yet...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Not sure this will work but maybe this will get you through the anti theft code system.

This won't fix the reason that caused it however

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

branz95

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that thread. Problem was the truck was totally dead and the radio didn't even turn on for me to enter any code.
I actually got the truck running. I'm not sure if what I did affected it. I disconnected the battery fully, unplugged the engine computer, topped off the battery on a charger just for process of elimination, and disconnected that sensor on the battery. All in all it was left like that for about an hour while the battery was topped off outside of the truck. Hooked everything back up and my alarm went off so I knew I was making progress. Jumped in the truck expecting the anti theft code message but nothing popped up. Truck started right up. I have scheduled an appointment for service at the dealership just to make sure my ecu isn't faulty. Hopefully the truck lasts the month until they'll be able to diagnose it.

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread