Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto randomly losing connection Possible fix

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have noticed in town AA will randomly lose connection to my phone...

I noticed that under the WIFI settings that the option to automatically connect bro Hotspot 2.0 connections was enabled...

I disabled this to see if that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-145718_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-145718_Settings.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
interesting...i drive a lot in town and recently have been trying to use AA. it constantly loses connection. I never thought about it but is the phone trying to connect to diff WiFi's as i'm driving?

sstoner911

Reaction score
Ya - I only seem to random disconnects in areas that re not very urban...so not sure if it helped to much.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Wired or wireless?

I know when I first got my truck I had random issues with it disconnecting, but it ended up being the el-cheapo USB cable I was using. I spent a little more on a new one and haven't had the issue since (but since mine is 2020 I only have the wired option).

sstoner911

Reaction score
Wired or wireless?

I know when I first got my truck I had random issues with it disconnecting, but it ended up being the el-cheapo USB cable I was using. I spent a little more on a new one and haven't had the issue since (but since mine is 2020 I only have the wired option).
Ya Iam using the wireless connection. I also have an outdated version of the UC5 software also...and waiting on an update is hit and miss.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Went wheeling this weekend (look at post date) in my PW and the Uconnect restarted at least 3 times when I needed the camera and off-road information.

Users who are viewing this thread