Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC Bypass harness for UC5 with 12" and Alpine, Anybody install one yet

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this ANC canceling bypass harness will work with the 2022 UC5 with the 12" with the Alpine 9 speaker system? The harness I pulled out of my 2019 with the base 8.4 won't work with the 12" and Alpine.

I'm curious as my truck is at Port Allen rail yard currently and I want to order one before I drive down to get the new 2022 3500 and trade off my 2019 2500.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I installed the DRANC1 from LLJ on my Alpine system at Mark Dodge on my 2022 3500 with the 12.1 radio and have no issues so far outside I wish the harness was a bit longer as the room to install was a bit difficult.

Grayson

Reaction score
It's near the emergency brake not under the seat. It will work. I have the same harness.

Rocky Branch

Reaction score
It's near the emergency brake not under the seat. It will work. I have the same harness.

Has anyone installed it on a 2022 with the HK stereo system? For only $12, I ordered it with hopes it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimKIII

Reaction score
I installed the DRANC1 from LLJ on my Alpine system at Mark Dodge on my 2022 3500 with the 12.1 radio and have no issues so far outside I wish the harness was a bit longer as the room to install was a bit difficult.

Does this device disable ANC or just replace ANC by bypassing it and do the noise cancellation itself?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Is there a bypass harness for the Harman Kardon system? It appears the one listed above would not work?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have seen 2 people on the Cummins forum where the by pass cable did not work on the 2022 trucks.
You can also disable ANC with AlfaOBD.

P/T Chassis active noise cancelation - disable

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Is it confirmed that the AlfaOBD selection will work to disable? I thought I saw somewhere in this forum that it would not on the 2022's?

JimKIII

Reaction score
Is it confirmed that the AlfaOBD selection will work to disable? I thought I saw somewhere in this forum that it would not on the 2022's?
It's the Pulsar module that has not been released for the 2022 RAMs yet.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure the why someone would go the Pulsar route or the AlfaOBD route. I don't know enough about either one to compare them. I'll start a thread on that topic.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this ANC canceling bypass harness will work with the 2022 UC5 with the 12" with the Alpine 9 speaker system? The harness I pulled out of my 2019 with the base 8.4 won't work with the 12" and Alpine.

I'm curious as my truck is at Port Allen rail yard currently and I want to order one before I drive down to get the new 2022 3500 and trade off my 2019 2500.
Just curious are you working with MD? I have an order through them and thinking about trading my 2019 2500 CTD

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
ALfaOBD is a software program that allows you to make changes to the factory setting presets for accessories and functions of the truck and can be used for changing tire size, upgrading features (standard to LED lighting, adding factory aux switches, blind spot monitoring etc).

The link you are showing looks to be a performance chip of some sort so not really an apples to apples comparison for that.

JimKIII

Reaction score
ALfaOBD is a software program that allows you to make changes to the factory setting presets for accessories and functions of the truck and can be used for changing tire size, upgrading features (standard to LED lighting, adding factory aux switches, blind spot monitoring etc).

The link you are showing looks to be a performance chip of some sort so not really an apples to apples comparison for that.
True. Whether AlphaOBD works with 2022 models (your original question) here's their web site:

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
No question as to whether the program works or not, I got my 2022 in a couple of weeks ago and have already used it to make some changes. The question is will using it to disable the Active Noise Cancellation option actually work. Wanted to check before I went through hooking up the bypass connector again as I forgot to change it last time I connected.

sstoner911

Reaction score
No question as to whether the program works or not, I got my 2022 in a couple of weeks ago and have already used it to make some changes. The question is will using it to disable the Active Noise Cancellation option actually work. Wanted to check before I went through hooking up the bypass connector again as I forgot to change it last time I connected.
I disabled ANC with AlfaOBD..I wasn't having any issues, but I think the HK system sounds much better after disabling it for sure... especially with the subwoofer.

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Sweet, im getting the rumbling noise at low rpm and hopefully that will fix it. Never had this issue in my 2020 or 2016 Gonna give it a go, if it makes the radio sound better as well thats a bonus! TY

Users who are viewing this thread