Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Prime Membership Renewal Overtaxed

2019_Ram

Reaction score
If y'all have an Amazon Prime Membership you may want to make sure they charged you the right amount of taxes on that membership, especially the renewal. I noticed an issue this year. They charged me 8.4% tax on my membership renewal when it should have been 6%. However the taxes on orders have been fine.

I'm interested if anyone else was overtaxed on their membership renewal?

amauri

Reaction score
I don't have Prime, but a couple years ago I noticed that both Amazon and eBay charge me 8.75% sales tax on all purchases. Sales tax for my address is 7.75% (state, county & city combined). All other online vendors charge me the correct tax.
I've contacted Amazon and eBay, even sent them emails with the link to the state board of tax and fees website.
Neither will fix the overcharge, so I stopped buying from Amazon and eBay.

mountainears

Reaction score
I don’t think I would notice a $3.34 per year difference. I would expect it to be taxed but I clearly didn’t do the math to see if there was a diff….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
No issues here, standard Idaho tax rate applied.

Users who are viewing this thread