Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

MikeXM

Reaction score
I found an rvs brand oem cable that supposed to match ours, that would be perfect if it matched up with the naviks additional input. Question is, how would that work on the u connect for bringing up another camera

Keep us posted on that , that would be the easiest way to hook up our aux trailer camera, then ee would not need a high priced Nichols 12 pin plug in. Just run that oem that i posted to back of truck, then your rg6 to camera, zip zap.
View attachment 7707
Nice find but do they have a cable that works with the built-in 12pins connector? That is what I want to see!
I already use their cameras on another vehicle. They work great. Could they be used with my RAM?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Nice find but do they have a cable that works with the built-in 12pins connector? That is what I want to see!
I already use their cameras on another vehicle. They work great. Could they be used with my RAM?
I got off the phone with them yesterday, the one that will work on any monitor ( where you don't need there's) is the 771 model, that's the one that I will get. She has 3 ways to hook it up. They do not have a12 pin plug in, wich is also what I've been waiting for, but honestly whenever we find a 12 pin , its probably going to be around 200 bucks, this would be just as simple, to plug and unplug the rg6 at rear of truck to trailer. My only question and highly anticipation is if naviks is going to plumb in there own aux oem plug, how will you select that on the u connect. Here's the 3 options and 771 camera. Rearviewsafety.com I did not know if there is rca inputs on the back of u connect or not. I had originally picked out the 770hd but she said those only work with there monitors
Screenshot_20201001-101214.pngScreenshot_20201001-101838.pngfScreenshot_20201002-112237.png

RBarrett

Reaction score
The Naviks will run the current input through a male/female rca pair that if you leave connected will work as currently configured. Or you separate it and plug your own camera into the input and select it as usual on the screen. There are no rca inputs on any of the radio chasis or screen portions of the mopar hardware that I have seen.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The Naviks will run the current input through a male/female rca pair that if you leave connected will work as currently configured. Or you separate it and plug your own camera into the input and select it as usual on the screen. There are no rca inputs on any of the radio chasis or screen portions of the mopar hardware that I have seen.
Awesome sauce RB, jing a ling. Drive safe out there

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Great News! I'm having a new trailer built and just sent them the camera and cable system yesterday, (this one) this includes everything I need, all cabling, camera connectors for trailer and truck, and the coiled cable to go in between, it will have a standard RCA video output so this will work perfect with the Naviks product!
I had a LockPic system on my 2017 RAM and it had 2 RCA inputs so I'm glad the Naviks product is going to offer this, makes it much easier and cheaper and sounds like the ability to use higher quality cameras.

Ramit530

Reaction score
@RBarrett . I just found this post and reading through this is awesome. I thank you for the extensive work you have been putting forth with Naviks. I am understanding this will work with a '19 2500 w/12" and as you just mentioned it now has RCA inputs and can accept the camera config that @Steve_Cornell has located. I see that camera is on Amazon (camera) , @Steve_Cornell have you found it less expensive anywhere else?

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
@RBarrett . I just found this post and reading through this is awesome. I thank you for the extensive work you have been putting forth with Naviks. I am understanding this will work with a '19 2500 w/12" and as you just mentioned it now has RCA inputs and can accept the camera config that @Steve_Cornell has located. I see that camera is on Amazon (camera) , @Steve_Cornell have you found it less expensive anywhere else?
I was able to get it at Summit Racing for $122 but I think I got the last one, it seems that system may have been discontinued and was heavily discounted https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bnm-9002-7801/all I would say Amazon for $188 is going to be the next best price.

Ramit530

Reaction score
@Steve_Cornell thank you. I dug a bit and it appears Brandmotion has possibly come out with version 2 of that model which is now listed on Summit racing and other sites as well. Summit still has it less expensive (Summit) then others. I have contacted Brandmotion to verify it is the same just version2.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I bought the kit for the harness and all the wiring, while the camera that comes with it is probably fine the nice thing about these kits with the "non proprietary" wiring is that a different or upgraded camera can always be added down the road.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I am interested in the group buy. I have a 2020 with the 12"

Ramit530

Reaction score
@Atty please ad me to the list for a 12" if you have not already., I mentioned it earlier, not sure if you caught it in my post... Thank you!

Atty

Reaction score
@Atty please ad me to the list for a 12" if you have not already., I mentioned it earlier, not sure if you caught it in my post... Thank you!
Thanks Ramit530, you're added.

Here's the updated list.
d6b3d0503137f3bc6e68f7d5f2fa7398.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

RBarrett

Reaction score
Well I am back to Colorado so have finished the 3000 mile test or the Naviks unit so thought I'd send along a further update. All aspects of the navigation in motion and the right buttom triggered cameras in motion seem to work just as I expect. I have not been able to identify any issues with these functions at all. What function does seem to have an issue is the left and right camera with blinker function. As I indicated previously this function is enabled through the mute button. Push once, wait 4 seconds, push again and now you have cameras with the blinkers. The same sequence then will turn it back off. The problem I discovered on my trip is if you turn on the cell phone display function in the center guage cluster display it will take away the mute button control of the blinker cameras. If they were on they stay on. If they were off, when you change this setting, they stay off. In addition there was something else that triggered this same loss of control that I never did isolate. Whatever it was seemed to return control to the mute buttom after the truck sat overnight at our camp. So what is happening at Naviks is trying to get some time with the 2019 that they used before in developing their unit for the 12 inch display heavy duty trucks. They indicated to me that was to happen at the beginning of this week. They sounded like it made sense why this interaction was happening. They were going to make a fix once they could isolate the code that was causing this and send me an updated unit. In addition they will send it along with two analog camera inputs so I can verify that Aux 2 is also functioning with the RCA input. We only tested the Aux 1 input previously and they would like to give those of us who can use it, the option of two inputs. I will be talking with them further in the next day or two. They are trying hard to get this resolved for us but right now just need to get their hands back on a truck. I'll give you all another update before the week is over.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
In addition they will send it along with two analog camera inputs so I can verify that Aux 2 is also functioning with the RCA input. We only tested the Aux 1 input previously and they would like to give those of us who can use it, the option of two inputs.
Slight sidetrack- I’m curious for another project I’ve got. I’m guessing they’re incorporating RCA breakouts like this for aux 1 and 2-
JQUlraX.jpg

Do you happen to know which pin locations on the radio connector are for aux 2? I’m *assuming* 21, 22, & 23 are for aux 1. I’m wondering if 24, 25, & 26 are for aux 2, or if it’s 31, 32, & 33...

RBarrett

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question. Naviks wired mine for Aux 1 only as a parallel to the bed/bumper one. We will see what is there for Aux 2 when and if I get a new version of this. I sent them a video of the issues on my truck over the weekend and they will be trying to verify whether the problem also exists on 2019s. That seems to be a logistical problem for them but hope to have more info to share with me by the end of this week.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Crutchfield is showing in stock for $169 free shipping.

I'm looking at this cam (1080P) but waiting for a reply on the vertical viewing angle. A bit more, and no cables, but higher res.

Well, this seems to be a bust for me. After a few useless emails, they finally came back and said 65* vertical angle which, if true, is utterly useless for my needs.

I was able to dig out the Brandmotion V2 specs shown here as 140*/90* which is perfect for me. I just ordered one from Crutchfield, seemed their delivery (though drop ship?) appears to be a little quicker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread