Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine system with sub/amp install

Seankurz

Reaction score
this right here.

no cutting of wires so it's really easy to return to stock. retains all factory functions and gives you more control over some things (parking sensor volume, small EQ), most importantly it will sum and flatten the signal to your amps. Lots of options with this. You can do just an amp/sub with the rest running off factory. Or upgrade front/sub and run the rears off factory. Or upgrade everything. Just be sure to disconnect the speakers you no longer want sound out of.

I use this with a dsp (toslink adapter) with 2 amps, 3 way up front, rear fill and a 12" sub. Blows the crappy little alpine system out of the water.
I've got a 2019 ram rebel with the alpine system, anc, and 12" uconnect radio. I saw on crutchfield that this product isn't compatible with the systems that have an amplifier and anc. Can anyone with the same system confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Seankurz

Reaction score
this right here.

no cutting of wires so it's really easy to return to stock. retains all factory functions and gives you more control over some things (parking sensor volume, small EQ), most importantly it will sum and flatten the signal to your amps. Lots of options with this. You can do just an amp/sub with the rest running off factory. Or upgrade front/sub and run the rears off factory. Or upgrade everything. Just be sure to disconnect the speakers you no longer want sound out of.

I use this with a dsp (toslink adapter) with 2 amps, 3 way up front, rear fill and a 12" sub. Blows the crappy little alpine system out of the water.
This sounds similar to what I want to do in my truck: system paint.jpg

JHeat2500

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 ram rebel with the alpine system, anc, and 12" uconnect radio. I saw on crutchfield that this product isn't compatible with the systems that have an amplifier and anc. Can anyone with the same system confirm or deny this? Thanks!
The new version (R.2) is compatible.

wicked6

Reaction score
this right here.

Dude. You single-handedly reversed my "misfortune" of NOT having an Alpine system in my 2019 Classic. I was bummed that my inner audiophile was being denied !

Can't wait to start planning this system now. Pretty sure my pile of old school audio junk may have some surprises left to tinker with.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Old post but I am planning mine now, all stock except for speakers, I wish my old ADS speakers would fit, the separates might but not the plates. How does the pioneer sub work as a bolt in? I going to do all 3 dash speakers and all 4 doors and possibly the sub. I checked the service manual and the test for the stock Alpine speakers is between 3 and 5 ohms and they are good, so the ohms are normal.

LenTex

Reaction score
Old post but I am planning mine now, all stock except for speakers, I wish my old ADS speakers would fit, the separates might but not the plates. How does the pioneer sub work as a bolt in? I going to do all 3 dash speakers and all 4 doors and possibly the sub. I checked the service manual and the test for the stock Alpine speakers is between 3 and 5 ohms and they are good, so the ohms are normal.
I was under the impression all the speakers are 2 ohms?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My stock dash speakers tested at 2.6 ohms, the service manual says if they test between 3 and 5 they are good, I have never had an issue running 4 ohm speakers on any factory stereo and there is a limited selection of 2-3 ohm speakers. The 3 4 ohm speakers I put in the dash sound awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread