Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

heyguy

Reaction score
Can anything be done with the reverse lights in the mirror so they just come on automatically when in reverse instead of having to use the bed light switch?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Warranty voider if you let your dealer find out ;)
Definitely not true. At least not for owners in the US. The Magnussen-Moss act requires that any warranty claim (including voiding of a warranty) can only be done if they can prove that a change that you made (or negligence on your part) caused the failure, and then the warranty can only be voided on the affected parts.

For example, enabling TTPMS cannot have any effect on your drivetrain, so a dealer or manufacturer would not be able to deny any power train claims on that basis.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Can anything be done with the reverse lights in the mirror so they just come on automatically when in reverse instead of having to use the bed light switch?

They aren't reverse lights...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
They aren't reverse lights...

They help you see a trailer when backing up so they are a form of reverse light yes? People....

Gondul is right. They are "Spotter Lights."

But the answer to your question is no, at least not yet and unlikely. Hell, we can't even do auto folding mirrors or global down windows, how we could get those spotter lights on is anyone's guess.

P.S. What's cool is you can push the mirror arm forward and use them as a sort of spot light.

The issue is if it's not programmable in the BCM with AlfaOBD, or hackable with something like a RAM Tazer that stays plugged in all the time and simulates button presses, it's unlikely there's a solution. These buttons and switches don't actually do anything other than send a signal to the BCM, so it's not like you can hotwire stuff.

jpidgie

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable the fog light activation when turning, or with the blinker activated? I installed the Baja Designs amber fogs, and with the fogs off, they are activated when turning or sitting still with the blinker on. Found myself blinding people, and am REALLY curious to see if this can be fixed before hunting next weekend.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Setting for the fog lights turning on during a turn should be in the Uconnect menu... I haven't noticed them blinking when using a turn indicator.

jpidgie

Reaction score
[mention]Gondul [/mention] they don’t blink, they turn on until you return the wheel to center. I assume that it is to help show you where the curbs are. I’ve tried everything in the Uconnect, and the closest is “steering directed lights” but that only controls the headlight direction, not the fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsalbre

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable the fog light activation when turning, or with the blinker activated? I installed the Baja Designs amber fogs, and with the fogs off, they are activated when turning or sitting still with the blinker on. Found myself blinding people, and am REALLY curious to see if this can be fixed before hunting next weekend.
If your fog lights are blinding people they’re aimed way too high.

Aiming-Fog_Driving-Lights-Illo.jpg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The only settings in the BCM I see related to this feature is:
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Actual Angle- 100 Deg.
2014 CBC Config I/O: Cornering Lamp Not Actual Angle- 40 Deg
On a 4th gen Ram that doesn’t have that feature, those two settings are set to 10 degrees. That *should* take care of them coming on with steering input, but I’m not sure about with turn signals. I’ll have to poke around in the steering column control module.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
[mention]Gondul [/mention] they don’t blink, they turn on until you return the wheel to center. I assume that it is to help show you where the curbs are. I’ve tried everything in the Uconnect, and the closest is “steering directed lights” but that only controls the headlight direction, not the fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh... I thought that the 'steering directed lights' controlled both...well, don't tell my wife I was wrong.

heyguy

Reaction score
I don't mind the fog light activation when turning other than the fact that they don't seem to know what to do with themselves sometimes. Pretty sure there's a speed threshold somewhere in there too where they don't activate over a certain speed. If you find that you might be able to set it to zero and they would never come on. Sometimes mine will just flash the with signal light engage when approaching a corner fast then come back on full when the speed drops.

heyguy

Reaction score
Anyone know if the selectable tire fill alert parameters can be fiddled with? Seems odd that as high as the back tires can be set is 65 PSI. Would like the max to be 80 PSI for heavy loads.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the selectable tire fill alert parameters can be fiddled with? Seems odd that as high as the back tires can be set is 65 PSI. Would like the max to be 80 PSI for heavy loads.
I believe you set the pressure alert when you enable it in the radio... Pretty sure I set mine to 80 when I did it.

IOW, no need for AlfaOBD to do that.

sainthalo65

Reaction score
Look on page 171 in HD manual. I think this is what u r looking for which is in Uconnect. Not sure if it is optional and not everyone has it, but I set mine as well pending on if I am towing or not.

heyguy

Reaction score
I believe you set the pressure alert when you enable it in the radio... Pretty sure I set mine to 80 when I did it.

IOW, no need for AlfaOBD to do that.
My rears max out at 65 on the radio.

heyguy

Reaction score
Wonder if the trailer brake gain limits can be tinkered with in Alphaobd. Seems weird that the limit is only 10v. Wouldn't 12v make more sense?

Users who are viewing this thread