Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride hitch drop

techman

Reaction score
What are you guys using for a hitch drop with your 2500's diesels with air ride?

Seems like 6" will give me more versatility with about 10"'s of clearance. Or is a 4" drop ok with less options?

Darkside

Reaction score
All depends on what you’re towing, I have a 7 3/4” drop for my dump trailer, but only a 2” drop for my equipment trailer. Best thing to do would be to have your trailer unhooked sitting about 1/2” nose high and measure the height, nice thing about the air suspension is it will barely squat with a load.

techman

Reaction score
It's a boat trailer that the coupler sits about level with the receiver opening. I chatted with Bullet Proof and they suggested the 6" drop. I plan on getting a small utility trailer (single axle) which I am sure would be WAY lower than my big boat trailer.

Darkside

Reaction score
My small utility trailer sits the same height as my 10k dump trailer that I have the 7 3/4” drop for, sometimes you’re better getting a couple different hitches than an adjustable, believe it or not, it could be cheaper too.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Most trailers sit an average of 18” when level so for most trailers a 6-7” drop is perfect and i would spring for an adjustable one its so nice to have if you are like me and tow multiple trailers

techman

Reaction score
I think adjustability is a good idea. This is the model I am looking at:

6" drop BP

It should cover me and have plenty of capacity. I'm around 13K lbs with my boat now.

Users who are viewing this thread