Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Horns!

44Dan44

Reaction score
I'm sure it can be done, but could one of the Aux Upfitter switches be used as a toggle to switch between running the factory horns on the factory switch and Air horns on the factory switch? Like say I have Aux 6 setup so when it's on I'm running the air horns, but say I don't want the triple honk to scare the crap out of people in a parking lot when i leave my truck running for my dog I can turn it off and it'll use the factory horn.
I don't have the answer, but what if the kernel of your idea "cracks the code" of the triple honk? At least for people with Aux switches, you'll be renowned the world over, discussed over camp fires, "yeah, thanks for noticing, I used the Goofy Solution" :cool: Ya never know.
For now...for the dogs...I guess the fob against the rear window thing works.

mountainears

Reaction score
That is how I solved the triple honk on my truck. We’ll kind of, I was going to use the Aux switch but instead I used the VSIM and a relay which switches the horn trigger when the truck is running to the VSIM horn button output. Triple honk issue is gone. It’s a little bit of work but that issue has been behind me for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scalper

Reaction score
I plan to get one of the electric air horns and try this but I think I'd just rather keep the stock horn off and use the air horn.

Herrred

Reaction score
I have Kleinn RAMHD-230 onboard Air and Train Horn system on my 21 3500. It's hooked into my Aux Switches. Very loud, so I use the horns sparingly. I use the air all the time for the truck and my fifth wheel.

Alenbaarz

Reaction score
Ugh, distracted drivers are the worst! For a horn that'll cut through the phone chatter, consider powerful air horns. Not quite train horns, but still attention-grabbing. Check out https://bosshorn.com for some solid options. Stay safe out there and may your horns keep the distracted ones in check!

Last edited:

CFE

Reaction score
Ugh, distracted drivers are the worst! For a horn that'll cut through the phone chatter, consider powerful air horns. Not quite train horns, but still attention-grabbing.
call me stupid - but aren't they essentially the same in function?

zerogravity779

Reaction score
Working on mounting and wiring right now but tested one out today on a bench power supply. I am IMPRESSED! Made me wonder if I should just mount one of them, nawwwwwwwww. ;) Will follow up again.
Highly recommend.
Any update on the horns? Install and impressions etc.

Users who are viewing this thread