Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Bag Kit

unpaulie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an Air Bag Kit for the 2019 2500?

jpaeth

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck though! That thing is gorgeous! I can't wait until mine gets in!

Bighorn

Reaction score
About a month ago i installed the Firestone 2580's on my 2019 Ram 2500. That is the same part number for previous 2500's with the rear coils. I have installed several sets on past trucks and trucks my friends have. On the Ram 2500, the passenger side brackets are non-typical and a little complex. On my 2019 i had some minor issues fitting the passenger side. In fact, i had to slightly bend one of the brackets and slightly enlarge 2 holes. with the shop tools i have, it wasn't a big deal. So, either i got a defective part from Firestone or the truck frame is a little different in the area for the top bracket. The same weekend i installed the same set (2580's) on a friends 2018. no issue. Just wanted to share the slight trouble i had. One other comment - I have in the past ran the airlines to be the top license plate bolts in previous trucks. on the 2019, that license plate area is double wall plastic and there is other stuff there that makes it nearly impossible. I installed my airline fittings in the plastic trim under the metal bumper, next to the sensors.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
I’m looking at ordering a set of airlift for my truck 19 2500. What exactly did you have to modify on the bracket to make it work?

unpaulie

Reaction score
Called Air Lift. They do not have a kit right now for 2019 2500. I would be very interested in what is needed to make the Firestone 2580 work.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
So the Firestone kit works with slight modification, I’m hoping the airlift would be similar if it’s the same as 2018

Bighorn

Reaction score
like i said the drivers side was pretty straight forward. The passenger side is what needed some "adjustments" to work. It was real close so i knew if i played with it, id get it on. I didn't want to return and wait. There is a bracket that mounts to frame in place of the bumpstop with two bolts. This then has two horizontal bolt holes to secure the bracket on the airbag assembly. That bracket (upper bracket per instructions) on the airbag assembly has two vertical tabs that rest against the side of the frame. Its those two tabs i had to pry open if you will. The frame of the truck is wider than the bracket allows. Problem 2: that upper bracket uses 2 long bolts to attach it to the bracket that replaced the bumpstop. The holes did not line up. i had to enlarge/flare two holes in that upper bracket. i fought with it for a long time to try using it without drilling. So, either my 2580 kit had a manufacturing defect OR there is a slight difference in the frame. Its been a month since i installed and everything is great. i have hauled and towed several times, rechecked everything and its good to go. Hope that helps.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Makes sense, im going to order a kit here soon and make it work. im mechanically inclined so it shouldn't be too hard

Users who are viewing this thread