Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age Poll

How old?

• THE GREATEST GENERATION Born between 1901-1926 (94+in 2020)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GEN Z, POST-MILLENNIALS OR IGEN Born between 2001 and 2019 (19 or younger in 2020)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bazinga99

Reaction score
Xennial ... born in '82. My first phone was a Nokia senior year of HS. Tech wasn't a big thing growing up for me but now I have a career in IT.

My kids will be getting their first phone this Christmas (age 9 and 10) because they have everything else.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
‘86. Moved to the land of the free in 2000 from UK with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Xennial ... born in '82. My first phone was a Nokia senior year of HS. Tech wasn't a big thing growing up for me but now I have a career in IT.

My kids will be getting their first phone this Christmas (age 9 and 10) because they have everything else.

Good year, That's the year I graduated High School!

I was in Germany in 82, the year my oldest son was born.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Early 40’s and I still get ID’d when trying to buy a bottle of Scotch if clean shaven.

yarnellm

Reaction score
60 and learned to drive at age 11 in my grandfather's 1958 Dodge Coronet. Still own the car today in great original condition. It started my love for Chrysler products.

Muddy Thumper

Reaction score
60 and learned to drive at age 11 in my grandfather's 1958 Dodge Coronet. Still own the car today in great original condition. It started my love for Chrysler products.
Cool story. Got any pics of the Coronet?

66 years old. My 2020 Ram 2500 is my first truck out of many that wasn't a Ford, GMC or Chevy. I've had the Ram about a week, I think I'm going to like this truck a lot.

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
Born in '59, been around for 8 decades but am only 61! Life long MOPAR fan, but have had them all. Each has it's pluses and minuses.
BTW, just got over COVID, sickest I've ever been, still don't see what all the fuss is about! If this is killing you, you must be in pretty bad shape.
Just my opinion. Sorry if I ruffle some feathers!

silver billet

Reaction score
I do laugh when I see these charts. Some of these "generations" are only 13 years wide. Basically half-generations.

I'm 41 so strictly speaking, I fall into genX. All my siblings are older than me, so my parents are boomers and I was raised like a genX as well, which is a big difference when comparing some other guys in my age group; 2 or 3 years younger than me is nothing, but you get into that whole new generation of millenials, and on average, how they were raised and what their values are etc, are quite a bit different. Some of my friends/acquaintances are millenials.

So I kind of like the xennial term, as it's a nice bridge between two completely different generations. In most areas I'm definitely genX, in others (especially tech) I'm a millenial.

I could be overthinking things :)

yarnellm

Reaction score
Cool story. Got any pics of the Coronet?

66 years old. My 2020 Ram 2500 is my first truck out of many that wasn't a Ford, GMC or Chevy. I've had the Ram about a week, I think I'm going to like this truck a lot.

Attachments

• 1958 Dodge May 2020.png
    1958 Dodge May 2020.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

John Jensen

Reaction score
86, still towing a pull vacation trailer and love my 2020 3500 HO

Started driving at 14, got a license at 16 so I could legally ride my modified Cushman motor scooter to work.
Have Macular Degeneration but able to pass driver license renewal this year. So good for another 5 years

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I was in Germany in 82, the year my oldest son was born.

I was in Greece in '82 - or at least based there as part of a Military Advisory Group assignment - spending a lot of time in "nearby" vacation spots.....

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was in Greece in '82 - or at least based there as part of a Military Advisory Group assignment - spending a lot of time in "nearby" vacation spots.....

Nice. A family run Greek restaurant was one of our favorite place/hangouts when I was in DE.

Users who are viewing this thread