Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age Poll

How old?

• THE GREATEST GENERATION Born between 1901-1926 (94+in 2020)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GEN Z, POST-MILLENNIALS OR IGEN Born between 2001 and 2019 (19 or younger in 2020)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see how old all you "grumpers" are.

For the younger crowd, there's some crossover in some of the demos based on exposure to technology and political slant. You young whippersnappers probably know best where you fit.

i.e. My sons would normally fall into the Millennial class by some accounts but are offended if you call them one. One would be a true "Xennial" and the other is on the (late) cusp of that demo.

AFF

Reaction score
54, started driving at 12. My Dad and Grandfather taught me to drive a 3 ton grain truck 15 miles to the grain elevator. They had to blocks on the pedals to I could reach them. Never crashed but I only drove about 40mph there and back. Can't do any of that these days.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I was born in ‘82, so I can fall into either “xennial” or “millennial”. I like “xennial” as it tends to define my generation as those who spent our childhoods before high technology was pervasive, but came of age when modern tech was in full swing, allowing us to fit into the modern world a little easier.

I tend to use the latter term for myself when people complain about “those damn millennials”, and then I point out that I’m one and I’m nearly 40 and about to retire from the Air Force.

jkbrereton

Reaction score
54. I don't consider myself old by any means but I have noticed most people at the gym are 20 or more years younger. Ive also noticed a growing lack of "do yourselfer-ism" among them. But things are harder to work on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Distillusion

Reaction score
62. Started driving trucks at 8 yrs old in the field, just tall enough to reach the pedals and still see out the front window.
One OK boomer sibling and two Gen X siblings.
Joined the USMC at age 17. Retired from the military (Air Force, Air National Guard) at 38. Civilian career over much of that time, plus years afterwards.
KIds are Millenials. Grandkids are all Gen Z.

I do laugh when I see these charts. Some of these "generations" are only 13 years wide. Basically half-generations.

jadmt

Reaction score
61 and getting older by the day lol. been driving since the early 70's. In Montana if you worked on a farm or ranch you could get a driver license at 14 years old and we all drove before we had d/l's.

louisiana_dog

Reaction score
I figured you old farts would know more about trucks than me (34). Besides, this is my first 2500, let alone, a RAM. So get educating so I can learn.

Distillusion

Reaction score
61 and getting older by the day lol. been driving since the early 70's. In Montana if you worked on a farm or ranch you could get a driver license at 14 years old and we all drove before we had d/l's.
In Illinois it's 15 for farm kids, 14 for the learner's permit. But farm kids tend to start driving as soon as they can reach everything, just not on public roads. I was running tractors up and down the road at 12, though.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Millennials should have like 3 subsets, all revolving around cell phone technology. My first one was the "bag phone"

Users who are viewing this thread