Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires - post yours

BroGo

Reaction score
Sweet another place to post more pictures. 17x9 +18 Method 704 HD's and 37x13.5r17 Ridge Grapplers.

View attachment 23388

View attachment 23389

No caps are the best caps.

View attachment 23390

Truck is stock height and yes I had to trim the pinch weld. No rubbing anywhere else.

Have you done any towing with that setup? My trucks in transit and I have the same wheels with Toyo Open Country RT’s (Ridge Grapplers were my first choice but they’re out of stock nationwide) and every big name shop says they won’t put those tires on my truck bc they’re not E load range… it’s bogus bc the tires have a 3,525 lbs. capacity per tire. So curious if you’ve had any issues towing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Have you done any towing with that setup? My trucks in transit and I have the same wheels with Toyo Open Country RT’s (Ridge Grapplers were my first choice but they’re out of stock nationwide) and every big name shop says they won’t put those tires on my truck bc they’re not E load range… it’s bogus bc the tires have a 3,525 lbs. capacity per tire. So curious if you’ve had any issues towing

Yup just bump my pressures up and it tows like a dream

BroGo

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks

unclelala

Reaction score
I see everyone on this thread have got big arse tires but I only want new tires of the same size as the OEM's (285 60 20 ) however I will be towing a 11,000 lbs. 5er with a pin weight of around 1800 lbs. so I was looking at the Grabber ATX mainly cause I like the look of them and heard they are good in rain snow etc. and reasonably priced but I'm hearing negative comments on AT's wearing out quicker when towing than a regular tire...any advice? I was wondering where to post this but caved and put it here cause it is about tires.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
NOT MY TRUCK

Saw this truck at the wheel and tire shop I went to for my wheels and tires. This truck inspired me to go with a similar setup.

Not sure on the year but its a Bighorn with the Cummins
18x9 Fuel Trophy 0 Offset
35x12.50R18 Hercules TERRA TRAC AT X-VENTURE
2 in spacer leveling kit

IMG_0643.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0645.JPG

Last edited:

quicksilv.r

Reaction score
I see everyone on this thread have got big arse tires but I only want new tires of the same size as the OEM's (285 60 20 ) however I will be towing a 11,000 lbs. 5er with a pin weight of around 1800 lbs. so I was looking at the Grabber ATX mainly cause I like the look of them and heard they are good in rain snow etc. and reasonably priced but I'm hearing negative comments on AT's wearing out quicker when towing than a regular tire...any advice? I was wondering where to post this but caved and put it here cause it is about tires.
If you just care about performance while towing, and have zero preference on looks, then the Michelin Defender LTX is pretty great. They sell a 295/60R20. Any A/T tread pattern will not wear as well as a highway all-seaon tread pattern when towing heavy loads.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
NOT MY TRUCK

Saw this truck at the wheel and tire shop I went to for my wheels and tires. This truck inspired me to go with a similar setup.

Not sure on the year but its a Bighorn with the Cummins
18x9 Fuel Trophy 0 Offset
35x12.50R18 Hercules TERRA TRAC AT X-VENTURE
2 in spacer leveling kit

View attachment 31777View attachment 31778View attachment 31779
Looks great. Better get the weathertech molded mud flaps. Have them on mine and so far keeps side of the truck pretty clean.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
7502A302-B476-4E4E-80BC-F94A574AC1D3.jpeg
8428E31F-30AD-407F-BD5F-677B9016F54D.jpeg

Finally got my wheels and tires setup installed
2021 2500 Tradesman Hemi 4x4
35x12.50R18 Hercules Terra Trac AT-X Venture
American Racing AR201 18x9 0mm offset
2in spacer level kit

Truck rides way better with these wheels and tires. So glad to get rid of the Transforce junkers

opfire

Reaction score
First pic is after I had ceramic coated both the wheel and tire in preparation for the trucks arrival from factory order. As you can tell, I swiftly wiped away all that tire shine after the install was completed. Mostly used it to have a barrier against the grease that shops use while mounting that often stains a tire. I was very skeptical about doing a bronze wheel and almost went with a black wheel with subtle red beadlock ring. Glad my wife reassured me that my original plan and idea's usually hold true. Cannot be happier with the way they turned out and damn.. pictures just do not do the wheel powder coat justice. I plan to make a full review about the Toyo MT but I must say that the performance of these tires is nothing short of amazing. I live in an area that gets rain like the desert gets sun.. these things just hook shockingly.. even with the extra juice I throw at it :p The Innov8 wheel's are super light and this setup is actually saving a few pounds on each corner from factory even being on 37's :0
View attachment 27421View attachment 27422View attachment 27423View attachment 27424
View attachment 27419View attachment 27412
what wheel is that? looks fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread