Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Cat Back exhaust systems ?

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I'm currently considering the Magnaflow @Kimo7 picked up with an aftermarket resonator like this ($70 or so)
Looking at the catback from Magnaflow, it appears it is basically what they did.

View attachment 5986
I found my best deal on eBay at a company called rvandautopartsstore. They have a “make an offer” button and excellent customer service - Ralph. I have no fiscal interest in the company, just passing along a possible source. Good luck

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I found my best deal on eBay at a company called rvandautopartsstore. They have a “make an offer” button and excellent customer service - Ralph. I have no fiscal interest in the company, just passing along a possible source. Good luck

Thanks for the tip!

Squatch

Reaction score
Any of you guys know if these systems work on both the 2500 and 3500. The Borla system only says 14-18 2500.

dablack21

Reaction score
Are there any dual exhaust kits besides Flowmaster? I would love to have dual tailpipes straight out the back, but Flowmaster seems to be the only kit. I called a muffler shop, and they can build one with any muffler I want, but I have problems getting into a shop with my busy work schedule.

dablack21

Reaction score
I found another dual exhaust kit from Gibson. But I can't find any audio. Anyone know where I could find a link? Or anyone here with one?

AlexRAM

Reaction score
Are there any dual exhaust kits besides Flowmaster? I would love to have dual tailpipes straight out the back, but Flowmaster seems to be the only kit. I called a muffler shop, and they can build one with any muffler I want, but I have problems getting into a shop with my busy work schedule.
Hi, I have Magnaflow installed on mine. You can look into this.

Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience, if you remove the muffler, and resonater, it is loud! My son did this on his 18 then had basically a true duel, straight pipe exhaust. Snapping is the best description. Just like a 70s 350 with straight pipes. The worst part was if you tried to light foot it , eco mode kicked in and it got worse. It has mufflers now lol

dablack21

Reaction score
I just had a local muffler shop install a Magnaflow SI/DO muffler with 4" wide by 22" long tips straight out the back. Sounds amazing, but it does get a little droney in the cab around 1800rpm. Cost me $600

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
On my 21 PW, I just cut the ugly resonator off and put a straight pipe in its place with a nice black tip tucked in nice and tight.
Basically did what the factory should have done.
It's a bit louder at idle and when you get on it. Sounds good. Its quiet when cruising and no drone. I like it. Only cost me $100.
As far as CAI that was mentioned, it comes from the factory with a true CAI. :cool:
20210623_181735.jpg

20210623_152650.jpg

Lilbxl

Reaction score
I just installed the Solo Performance MR 400. Nice rumble and not loud while cruising. Very little drone around 58-61 and none at speeds above. It is loud if you get into though but it sounds right to me.

Mnjblymire

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Borla Catback for my 2021. Any issues or complaints since install? Any drone?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Borla Catback for my 2021. Any issues or complaints since install? Any drone?
Nothing I would call 'drone' (MDS on or off)... I've only done some light towing and still not annoying if it were annoying it would have been removed.
Rear hanger was a pain.. dropping the spare and loosening the heat shield helped.

Otherwise I'm happy with it... Truck sounds 'trucky'. Other than that, it weighs 30# less than OEM.. that's all the performance you get it out it!! :D

Mnjblymire

Reaction score
Nothing I would call 'drone' (MDS on or off)... I've only done some light towing and still not annoying if it were annoying it would have been removed.
Rear hanger was a pain.. dropping the spare and loosening the heat shield helped.

Otherwise I'm happy with it... Truck sounds 'trucky'. Other than that, it weighs 30# less than OEM.. that's all the performance you get it out it!! :D
Thanks. I would have my local muffler shop do the install.

Do you have any videos of the exhaust either from inside the cab or outside?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Thanks. I would have my local muffler shop do the install.

Do you have any videos of the exhaust either from inside the cab or outside?

I do of both but can't upload video here...

jadmt

Reaction score

finally an honest answer :).. I love the posts where guys are claiming faster response and mpg gains....always amazing what the placebo effect has on people..there is something about a nice deep sound tho that makes it feel faster...

Users who are viewing this thread