Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

vzar47a

Reaction score
Didn't see it earlier in the thread, what size wire do you use for the BCM pins? Data sheet for the pin says it takes 18-20 AWG, but I'm wondering if 16 would work?
answering my own question, factory is 20 AWG.

Matts2500

Reaction score
Ok, so I’ve read through this (and other) thread and I think I understand the basic process here. I’m very much a newbie at this sort of project, so please be gentle.

I have a 2022 2500 Trademan with no fog lights. I want to install OEM LED fog lights with OEM dash control.

I’ll be using a OBDLink MX+ and Alpha OBD.

I’m still not 100% sure on the correct part numbers I’ll need for the Mopar parts. Sounds like I’ll need:

Left LED fog
Right LED fog
Bezels
Mounting brackets
Hardware?
Headlamp switch

Also, it’s my understanding that I’ll need some sort of wiring harness(es)? One to run between left and right? Something to run back to the BCM? I can solder, if I need to add some connectors etc.

Can someone help me out with part numbers and educate me on the wiring harness part of what I’ll need?

Thanks in advance. I’m learning so much on this forum.

vzar47a

Reaction score
Ok, so I’ve read through this (and other) thread and I think I understand the basic process here. I’m very much a newbie at this sort of project, so please be gentle.

I have a 2022 2500 Trademan with no fog lights. I want to install OEM LED fog lights with OEM dash control.

I’ll be using a OBDLink MX+ and Alpha OBD.

I’m still not 100% sure on the correct part numbers I’ll need for the Mopar parts. Sounds like I’ll need:

Left LED fog
Right LED fog
Bezels
Mounting brackets
Hardware?
Headlamp switch

Also, it’s my understanding that I’ll need some sort of wiring harness(es)? One to run between left and right? Something to run back to the BCM? I can solder, if I need to add some connectors etc.

Can someone help me out with part numbers and educate me on the wiring harness part of what I’ll need?

Thanks in advance. I’m learning so much on this forum.

@Jimmy can help with the needed harnesses.

vzar47a

Reaction score

@Jimmy can help with the needed harnesses.
oops, sorry that's for halogens. you will need different bezels, lamps, and brackets. I have those part numbers somewhere, will try to find them.

Matts2500

Reaction score
Thanks! I plan to get the OEM headlight switch that has the cargo lamp and fog light buttons I think they’re only like $35

vzar47a

Reaction score
This is the parts list I bought when I put OEM LEDs in my Tradesman.

650806AA bolts to mount Lights to brackets - 4 each side
68368951AA bolts to mount brackets to truck - 4 each side
68404464AA j-nuts, used with bolts above - 4 each side
68449321AA bezel for LEDs (halogen bezels are different), one set comes with both sides
68449381AA brackets for LEDs (halogen brackets are different), one set comes with both sides
68273292AB right LED assembly
68273291AB left LED assembly
68377331AD harness that runs from left to right LED

You also need a harness to go from the LEDs to the BCM under the dashboard. You can get this from Jimmy, or make your own. Also described in the thread, you'll need AlfaOBD, the security bypass cable, and a suitable OBD reader to change the fog light settings in the computer.

There are a couple of tricky points:
1. the OEM harness has a connector on the end that is hard to find, so if you decide to try to make your own harness to wire the LEDs to the BCM, you will probably have to cut the connector off of the OEM harness and replace it with something you can get your hands on when you make your BCM harness. If you buy both harnesses from Jimmy, no problem!
2. if you decide to make your own BCM harness, you will have to hunt down the proper pins and use wire that is no larger than 20AWG. Again, Jimmy's BCM harness takes care of this for you
3. as this thread has described, getting the BCM pins inserted is a frustrating exercise. It was the most difficult part of the deal. Just be patient and persistent, you'll get it done.
4. there are different flavors of the headlight switch. The part # above references the version that has two dimmer wheels, one for the dash and another for the other interior lights that illuminate the cupholders.

el_barto

Reaction score
Anyone try out the Diode Dynamics “elite” series fog lamps? Rated lumens/candelas is equivalent/ a bit lower than their SS3 Sports, but still impressive output and a superior cutoff which is less likely to cause glare for other drivers.

Replying to myself for future readers:
I ended up purchasing these Elite series foglights in Amber.
Are they brighter than OEM LED? Yes, a bit.
Do they cause glare? No, I put one on one side and stock other side and tested with my eyes, difference in glare was negligible. Cutoff is sharp and low.
Are they wider? No…this is the big bug for me. The stock ones wrap around the bumper so they are super wide and work great as cornering lights. But they have super even light distribution (no hot spots) and further throw
Amber color looks cool, and is arguably better in incliment weather.

I will leave them for the winter but next summer I think I may swap them back for swap primarily because I like how wide the stock ones are.
680A000F-BE48-44B3-A996-375CBED5DA49.jpegDAB4BB89-B14D-4019-80F0-98307250BD7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Catmechanic

Reaction score
So I've read through this entire thread as well as the other one, as well as used the search but have not found answers. I have a bighorn with OEM halogen fogs. I got a set of OEM led fogs for free and want to swap them out (they are not yet in my possession so I can't visually compare them).

Are the LED connectors the same as the halogen? If not, is it a safe assumption @Jimmy07 can make an adapter? What settings (if any) need to be changed via AlfaOBD to accommodate the swap? Anything else to consider?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So I've read through this entire thread as well as the other one, as well as used the search but have not found answers. I have a bighorn with OEM halogen fogs. I got a set of OEM led fogs for free and want to swap them out (they are not yet in my possession so I can't visually compare them).

Are the LED connectors the same as the halogen? If not, is it a safe assumption @Jimmy07 can make an adapter? What settings (if any) need to be changed via AlfaOBD to accommodate the swap? Anything else to consider?
They are the same connectors that plug into the fog lamps, but you need to de-pin the two wires and switch their positions for the LED fogs.

vzar47a

Reaction score
You will need to get LED bezels and brackets and swap them for the halogen versions. If you have front park assist you need the bezels with the holes for those sensors.

68449321AA bezel for LEDs, one set comes with both sides. THIS is for the non-park assist version, I don't know the part number for the version that has the holes for the sensors.
68449381AA brackets for LEDs, one set comes with both sides

The connectors for the LEDs are the same as the halogens, but you will need to reverse the pins in each of the connectors because the LEDs are polarity sensitive and for whatever reason FCA doesn't set the connectors up that way for the halogens. I don't think you need to do anything in alfaodb for the LEDs

Catmechanic

Reaction score
Thank you both for your quick info. I am getting the bezels, brackets, and lights so all I needed apparently is the info on the LED polarity. This group is great.

Polleyfire

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2018 3500 tradesman, I’ve recently bought a steelcraft bumper that has the place for fog lights. Has anyone added them plug and play? Or is there a OEM kit that does it?

dantex

Reaction score

Not sure if there's a lot different for 2018 vs 2020, but likely will provide helpful information.

2018Hemi

Reaction score
I have a 2018 trademans and put fog lights in lower bumper. I has the snow package so I hooked it to the button under the radio that you can wire from the under hood connector

ChuzUThisDay

Reaction score
@Polleyfire Did you find a solution for adding the foglights? I have a 2018 2500 Tradesman and would like to add fog/driving lights as well. If you did get them hooked up, do you mind sharing any lessons learned?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Non-Wiring Related Parts List Round Up / Consolidation I cross-referenced posts to verify part numbers as well checked part numbers against Mopar sites to look for changes.

OEM Halogen

Courtesy of @b307a1 Post #60
Quantity of parts and price.
2ea) lamp-fog 68202187AA - $102.00ea. (cheaper elsewhere courtesy of @TogaLock77 Post #65)

1ea) Bracket - Fog lamp 68449383AA. both left and right sides come together. - $22.82 ea.

1ea) Bezel- Fog light 68449341AA. Both left and right sides come together. - $13.68 ea.

6ea) Bolt- 68368951AA. These are to mount the fog light to the bracket. - $0.85 ea.

8ea) Nut- 68404464AA. These are j-nuts that go in the mounting holes in the bumper bracket so you can mount the fog light bracket to it. - $0.50 ea.

8ea) Bolt- Hex Head 6508065AA. These screw into the j- nuts-. $1.39 ea.

Courtesy of @b307a1 at Post #69 You will also re-use the hardware that you removed from the fog light blanks covers

Courtesy of @TogaLock77 Post #89
Installing Diode Dynamics LED pods in the Halogen bezels and brackets instead of the OEM Halogens. Also same hardware needed as listed above at Post#96

Another Diode Dynamics Post #234 and Post #244 Courtesy of @ramblinChet

CJCOffroad has Baja Design complete kits which include bezels, brackets, lights, harness etc. Courtesy of @herdbull at Post #259 and @Sage6058 at Post #260

OEM LED
Courtesy of @pionex_80 at Post 205
@2ea LED Bezel Fog Light 68449321AA

Courtesy of @vzar47a at Post #290
650806AA (incomplete part number) bolts to mount Lights to brackets - 4 each side

68368951AA bolts to mount brackets to truck - 4 each side

68404464AA j-nuts, used with bolts above - 4 each side

68449321AA bezel for LEDs (halogen bezels are different), one set comes with both sides

68449381AA brackets for LEDs (halogen brackets are different), one set comes with both sides

68273292AB right LED assembly

68273291AB left LED assembly

68377331AD harness that runs from left to right LED

Regarding LED Bezel Park Assist Holes

NO Park assist holes bezel 68449321AA
WITH Park assist holes bezel 68449338AA

Image 1-27-23 at 1.24 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 1.25 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 1.26 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 1.27 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 1.28 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 1.29 PM.jpgImage 1-27-23 at 2.53 PM.jpg
Image 1-27-23 at 2.54 PM.jpg
Image 1-27-23 at 2.54 PM 2.jpg

Attachments

• Image 1-27-23 at 2.54 PM.jpg
    Image 1-27-23 at 2.54 PM.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 12

The1adman

Reaction score
I am installing a aftermarket bumper and installing Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE fog lights to replace my factory halogen fog lights.

I am going to use a DT to H11 adapter to keep my factory wiring in tact. I understand I will also need to change my BCM through AlfaObd to LED fog lights.

Is there any concern with the draw from the Diode Dynamics SS3 on the factory wiring?

saltman

Reaction score
Bringing up the question again, has anyone not tried the new DD projector version of their type a fog light?? These should pop right in the halogen brackets and look killer/very oem. DD doesn’t even realize these will work on our halogen brackets ‍

Users who are viewing this thread