Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Rough Country front leveling kit to a SRW 2022 3500 w rear air suspension

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
20x9 with a 0 offset. +20 is what’s recommended for less trimming, but 0 works fine too. I did have to cut the metal pinch weld off the backside of the front fenders, and then cut the plastic out, but that’s it. Didn’t do anything to the front of the fenders. Zero rubbing.

Chriss626

Reaction score
Do you have a photo from the front showing if the rims stick out over the fender flares?

Chriss626

Reaction score
I have a Longhorn mega and I can’t decide between a 20x9 +1 offset on 37’s or a 20x10 -18 offset on 37 with aftermarket fender flares to cover the tires. I have the Carli 3 1/4 inch pintop lift.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
View attachment 32202View attachment 32200View attachment 32201
I went with the Thuren 1.75” front coils and left the rear air suspension alone. It now sits dead nuts level on 37’s. I also included a pic of the truck stock, although, it’s not a very good side view to show how it sat stock, but hey, more pics are better I guess. The rear air suspension trucks definitely sit lower in the rear than non air. Let me know if you have any questions.
Wow! Your truck looks bad ass! What a difference those 37s make! Congratulations! Excellent choices across the board...

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
Nice looks like you just convinced me to go 20 x 9
I would definitely go 20x9 with the +1 like you stated earlier. The 20x10 -18 would stick way out and I would imagine you would have some difficulty trimming to make those not rub. There are also some wiring harnesses behind the fender liner that I actually relocated on mine, and I would imaging you could get in a situation where you would absolutely hit the body of the truck with a -18. The wiring harness I relocated was on the driver side, and it simply slid right off of it's mounting rivet and I pushed it up and zip tied it with one that was located a bit higher. Very simple to do. I'll shoot a quick video and see if it will let me upload it here to show you the trimming that I did.

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
I would definitely go 20x9 with the +1 like you stated earlier. The 20x10 -18 would stick way out and I would imagine you would have some difficulty trimming to make those not rub. There are also some wiring harnesses behind the fender liner that I actually relocated on mine, and I would imaging you could get in a situation where you would absolutely hit the body of the truck with a -18. The wiring harness I relocated was on the driver side, and it simply slid right off of it's mounting rivet and I pushed it up and zip tied it with one that was located a bit higher. Very simple to do. I'll shoot a quick video and see if it will let me upload it here to show you the trimming that I did.
Nice looks like you just convinced me to go 20 x 9

2F67DB79-7722-4BBA-A94A-21EB8E3730DE.jpeg17A79292-FB10-4202-AC7F-3176C0A3A373.jpeg8E701AC6-B6F0-42C8-ABA6-7658B93878D6.jpeg8C8A6531-E067-445F-8EDF-377792133DAE.jpeg

slvrsix7

Reaction score
I went with the Thuren 1.75” front coils and left the rear air suspension alone. It now sits dead nuts level on 37’s. I also included a pic of the truck stock, although, it’s not a very good side view to show how it sat stock, but hey, more pics are better I guess. The rear air suspension trucks definitely sit lower in the rear than non air. Let me know if you have any questions.
Truck looks great. I have a 22 3500 w/ air on order and looking to go the same route. I'm curious does the air suspension still level out correctly with heavy load after the front was lifted?

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I have a 22 3500 w/ air on order and looking to go the same route. I'm curious does the air suspension still level out correctly with heavy load after the front was lifted?
Mine has been fine. I hooked my travel trailer up this weekend and the back came up nicely. It’s about 900 pounds of hitch weight on the very end. Also had some fire wood and other luggage in the back. Probably not as level as unloaded, but when I hit bed lowering mode it came way down, so I know the load was heavy enough to sag it quite a bit.

98Superstock

Reaction score
Love the look of your truck level lift! I will be ordering the Thuren 1 3/4's for mine as well

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Rough Country anything on a truck this nice/expensive.
This ^

Also Guys you can’t order a lift/level without the truck in your driveway. You’ve got to measure your truck to get it right, they don’t all sit the same. Just because it’s marketed as a level kit does not mean it will level your truck. Many of us found out that a 1” level kit is the right amount by measuring

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has been fine. I hooked my travel trailer up this weekend and the back came up nicely. It’s about 900 pounds of hitch weight on the very end. Also had some fire wood and other luggage in the back. Probably not as level as unloaded, but when I hit bed lowering mode it came way down, so I know the load was heavy enough to sag it quite a bit.

Is that in ALT ride height or Normal height?

Users who are viewing this thread