Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Noise Cancellation on 6.7L

senecagreen

Reaction score
Does this really make much difference with the windows up? Has anyone disabled it?

JHeat2500

Reaction score
It's great for eliminating low frequency drones, especially when cruising on the highway. That said, mine is disabled as I replaced the stereo in it so it had to go. The truck is pretty quiet as is.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Grayson

Reaction score
Harness is available to purchase from different vendors. It's no longer under the seat; located near emergency brake pedal

ST3500

Reaction score
Is it hard to disable?
To disable the ANC only I don't think it's possible, to disable the ANC and upgrade your entire system (with aftermarket amplifiers and so on..) that is definitely possible.

JHeat2500

Reaction score
You can disable the ANC without total system upgrades. Some people disconnect the mics, and depending on which system your truck has, there are a few ANC bypass harnesses available from PAC, iDatalink and LLJ Customs. It's rare, but I have heard that some people are sensitive to ANC and get headaches after long periods of time in an environment where ANC is utilized.

ST3500

Reaction score
Or just use AlfaOBD to disable it, with no need to disconnect anything, and no faults will be stored in the amp.
There you go, that's a good tip, that would be the proper way to address the issue instead of disconnecting the microphones or adding a bypass harness.

JHeat2500

Reaction score
If you have alfa obd, that would definitely be the best option.

senecagreen

Reaction score
the harness is $15 shipped. I am pretty sure all it does is not make the mic connections. I don't know what a alphaOBD costs? The harness is cheap enough if disabling the ANC is all you want to do. I ordered a harness.

Grayson

Reaction score
Doesn't that depend on which system is installed?
I should have clarified. This is on an alpine amplified factory system.

I didn't notice any different if it helps, due to the speakers having different low/mid/high ranges; I am either going to have to find time to upgrade the speakers, amp(s) with DSP then add ANC bypass back or leave it alone for the time being.

I feel that replacing the corner dash with infinity ref 3.5's is too bright even when the fade is pushed back 2-4 notches. I'm not the guy who wants to do competition but I want full adjustable SQ.

Grayson

Reaction score
You can disable the ANC without total system upgrades. Some people disconnect the mics, and depending on which system your truck has, there are a few ANC bypass harnesses available from PAC, iDatalink and LLJ Customs. It's rare, but I have heard that some people are sensitive to ANC and get headaches after long periods of time in an environment where ANC is utilized.

For 19-21 trucks that's possible, 2022 w UConnect5 has different connectors and Jimmy says they are on a long backorder. I've contacted PAC myself and they said "it wouldn't be any time soon" meaning I would realistically expect a PAC interface in a year or so.

The other issue is until all the UC5 glitches, updates and other problems are solved I am hesitant on doing anything that could be seen as "an issue causing failure"

Grayson

Reaction score
Or just use AlfaOBD to disable it, with no need to disconnect anything, and no faults will be stored in the amp.
Could you provide simple instruction for ANC disable through AlfaOBD. I didn't even think about that

Erik

Reaction score
Does this really make much difference with the windows up? Has anyone disabled it?
I de-pinned the mics this morning. Here is the best video how-to I could find.

I do think The active noise control is effective but the random bass sounds are very annoying. First available appointment for the ANC drone and cargo camera blue screen is 2/27…

Users who are viewing this thread