Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I know it sounds like fake news but my a/c got better on its own. It’s ice cold now. The fan speeds are still stupid but the ac got colder i swear

Trakpak

Reaction score
I took the glovebox door off it wasn’t obvious to
Me where the sensor actually is. I’m guessing I have to take the piece off that’s behind the door and it’s on top of the heater box in the right side? It was really hot out and I kinda wanted to take a peek and see if it would be a quick thing to do.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I took the glovebox door off it wasn’t obvious to
Me where the sensor actually is. I’m guessing I have to take the piece off that’s behind the door and it’s on top of the heater box in the right side? It was really hot out and I kinda wanted to take a peek and see if it would be a quick thing to do.
HVAC Sensor Mod

John Jensen

Reaction score
I don't think that's the link you think it is.
Not sure what you mean.
The OP said, " it wasn’t obvious to Me where the sensor actually is"
My link shows exactly where the sensor is. All trucks may not have the displayed sensor, but they are all at the location shown in my link. You are usually correct, why did you say that?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.
The OP said, " it wasn’t obvious to Me where the sensor actually is"
My link shows exactly where the sensor is. All trucks may not have the displayed sensor, but they are all at the location shown in my link. You are usually correct, why did you say that?
It was a link to a Toyota and the link was labeled as HVAC Sensor Mod. I saw no mod there, just info on possible location and testing the sensor.

Are the panels to remove the same on the Ram?

John Jensen

Reaction score
It was a link to a Toyota and the link was labeled as HVAC Sensor Mod. I saw no mod there, just info on possible location and testing the sensor.

Are the panels to remove the same on the Ram?
You are correct. I've looked high and low and that is the only video that shows where the sensor is located. I was told the sensor is basically in the same place for almost all HVAC systems.
The member who posted his mod does not show the location, just how he tests his mod.
Here's a picture of the RAM sensor
EVAPORATOR FIN PROBE SENSOR 68396045AA.jpeg :D

Users who are viewing this thread