Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-Pillar / Ditch-lights ?

Bubba's Beast

Reaction score
I
Howdy, all.
Im in the process of planning some lighting mods to the 2021 Laramie that I "should" receive in just a few short weeks....mmm hmmm.

Im giving serious thought to mounting a set of pod-lights at the A-Pillar. Some folks call these ditch-lights, I call them deer-detectors (hopefully).

Its no problem to find lights...POD light options are as plentiful as Light bars with just as wide a variety as form, function, and price.

What I am having greater difficulty with is finding BRACKETS to mount the lights.

Zroadz makes a fantastic bracket...for the 1500...but they say it wont work on the 2500. DRAT!

Have any of yall had any luck with finding mounting brackets for A-Pillar lights? Any thoughts, suggestions, constructive input is always welcome.

Although my truck will have the I/P Aux switches, my plan for the Deer-detector lights is to try to find the wire that feed the high-beam headlights so that when the high-beams turn on, that triggers the relay to turn on the POD lights. That should make it part of the automatic process so that I am less likely to blind others while Im dodging deer in the boonies. Of cource, in order to tap-into that high-bean circuit, I must first find it...and that'll be a whole different thread when the time comes.

Thanks all; Happy Trails!
I have a
Howdy, all.
Im in the process of planning some lighting mods to the 2021 Laramie that I "should" receive in just a few short weeks....mmm hmmm.

Im giving serious thought to mounting a set of pod-lights at the A-Pillar. Some folks call these ditch-lights, I call them deer-detectors (hopefully).

Its no problem to find lights...POD light options are as plentiful as Light bars with just as wide a variety as form, function, and price.

What I am having greater difficulty with is finding BRACKETS to mount the lights.

Zroadz makes a fantastic bracket...for the 1500...but they say it wont work on the 2500. DRAT!

Have any of yall had any luck with finding mounting brackets for A-Pillar lights? Any thoughts, suggestions, constructive input is always welcome.

Although my truck will have the I/P Aux switches, my plan for the Deer-detector lights is to try to find the wire that feed the high-beam headlights so that when the high-beams turn on, that triggers the relay to turn on the POD lights. That should make it part of the automatic process so that I am less likely to blind others while Im dodging deer in the boonies. Of cource, in order to tap-into that high-bean circuit, I must first find it...and that'll be a whole different thread when the time comes.

Thanks all; Happy Trails!
Rigid makes great brackets for 2019+ RAM 2500

Bubba's Beast

Reaction score
I have the rigid floods and brackets. I'm also using the trigger 4 plus wireless switches which have worked very well so far. They really help me to see the critters on back country roads.

Attachments

• IMG_20230321_110834609.jpg
    IMG_20230321_110834609.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread