Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Issues? Anyone else

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
On top of it all they filled my 37s to 65PSI

it’s a 50psi max tire.. says so on the sidewall. I run them at 45F/35R and yeah i know that sounds low I’ve chalk tested them..
That does not sound low at all, but yea i dont let dealers do anything other than recalls and some warrenty

hookedup2407

Reaction score
That does not sound low at all, but yea i dont let dealers do anything other than recalls and some warrenty
Well she’s only got 8k on her. I want have documentation of service just in case i need any costly warranty work done.. I’d hate to give them any wiggle room when it comes to warranty work.. (looks like they already started wiggling with that valve). my oil life was still @30% but i wanted to be diligent and get the first break in oil change done sooner than later..

It’s a shame because I’ll have to find another dealer to do business with. These guys showed me more than enough already and i drove 40 min to see them (the dealer closest to me is even worse to deal with)

Fun fun

Bman16

Reaction score
Y
Curious as to what people are experiencing with the performance of their A/Cs. It's hot here and mine doesn't seem to blow very cold.

Here's a video of comparing my 2019 Ram 3500 to a 2019 GMC sierra 1500. The GMC blows cold...

Es I had ac issues the coldest mine would get was 59 degrees, the is a TSB for this, they had to do it to my truck, it now blows 48 degree air, much better but not outstanding. I can probably find the TSB number on some of my paper work if you need it.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Y

Es I had ac issues the coldest mine would get was 59 degrees, the is a TSB for this, they had to do it to my truck, it now blows 48 degree air, much better but not outstanding. I can probably find the TSB number on some of my paper work if you need it.
I’d like it. From what I’ve heard it’s not for 22’ model trucks

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Question: where does the coolant go after it goes through the heater core? Is it cycled back through the block to the pump? Or directly back to the pump?
His technician is wrong. There's no way that valve can deny coolant to the cylinders, let alone the backside. All that valve does is deny coolant to the heater core. Theoretically, the valve could be providing better coolant flow to the cylinders.

Yea as said the tech is very wrong his theory is wrong you wont see a difference in temps as its only the heater core not getting circulation everything else circulates freely…

LOL.

How do industrial engines keep cool without a heater core?

Ask him to point out where the heater core is in the flow diagram.

Last edited:

kristof

Reaction score
I don't trust those "certified" mechanics at my both close range dealers either. They both couldn't program my FOB which later on I found out it was missing battery. Once I installed it programing went fine. Anyway I only go to dealers to have some kind of paperwork to prove it was them who did all the maintenance.

Bman16

Reaction score
I don't trust those "certified" mechanics at my both close range dealers either. They both couldn't program my FOB which later on I found out it was missing battery. Once I installed it programing went fine. Anyway I only go to dealers to have some kind of paperwork to prove it was them who did all the maintenance.
I totally agree with you, it was under warranty or I would not have been there, not to mention I have a scratch on my dash and a rattle that I didn't have before after they worked on it. Hardly no one takes any pride in their workmanship anymore and charge extremely high prices for the less than adequate work. I try to do everything myself if I can.

kristof

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, it was under warranty or I would not have been there, not to mention I have a scratch on my dash and a rattle that I didn't have before after they worked on it. Hardly no one takes any pride in their workmanship anymore and charge extremely high prices for the less than adequate work. I try to do everything myself if I can.
Their plan is to eliminate DIY guys. I remember in my wife's ford if there was a firmware update , you could just go online and download it , put it on USB stick and just install it yourself. With RAM there is a recall now for the ABS light. So they have to perform firmware update. I have to make a stupid appointment and wait there from an hour to two hours. This is crazy. And they don't have a guy there all the time who can do that so it's really inconvenient hours. Will have to take a half day off from work just to have it done. Or leave my car there but they never have loaners available.

Users who are viewing this thread