Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75th PW questions on upgrades

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
I was really hoping you would find a way to combine the OEM rails with the AMP steps. I've removed mine as well and just could not figure out a way to pair them up.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I'm still going to work on it. I have a few ideas. But it will require some cutting and welding on the sliders.

I've started a build thread and will post all of the info and pictures in there as I make progress.

haven't given up yet.

mcarey

Reaction score
I don't really get the point in having both. Wouldn't you be losing clearance from having to mount the AMP step slightly lower, and also lose the "flushness" of the AMP being tucked away? Not to mention the slider will be kind of useless when the AMP step is deployed.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Both the sliders and steps use the same bolt holes. So the only thing that would change, is the mount for the steps will move inboard about 1/8 of an inch, the thickness of the slider mounting flange.

With the steps folded up, the bottom of the step should be higher that the bottom of the slider. So the slider will protect both the bottom of the body as well as the steps.

The sliders are basically useless as a step now as there is only enough for half of my foot on it as a step. And with the power wagon being higher than the other 2500's along with me adding 35's, the power step is needed. And when I want to take the missus out on date night, it will be easier for her to get in the truck with her dress on. :cool:

mcarey

Reaction score
Both the sliders and steps use the same bolt holes. So the only thing that would change, is the mount for the steps will move inboard about 1/8 of an inch, the thickness of the slider mounting flange.

With the steps folded up, the bottom of the step should be higher that the bottom of the slider. So the slider will protect both the bottom of the body as well as the steps.

The sliders are basically useless as a step now as there is only enough for half of my foot on it as a step. And with the power wagon being higher than the other 2500's along with me adding 35's, the power step is needed. And when I want to take the missus out on date night, it will be easier for her to get in the truck with her dress on. :cool:
Hm, I guess I just don't understand exactly how they mount. Best of luck getting it figured out though. Seems like a lot of people are really interested in this.

idratherplaytennis

Reaction score

I agree on the rock sliders needing to have been larger, in my opinion. I may not be tall at 5'8", but I for sure have wide feet ranging in the E to EE range and my feet HATE those sliders as steps. I use them for now because my 2011 1-ton Silverado was a couple inches shorter than my Wagon. It was still set up with Chevy's z71 off-road package, the larger tires and the new taller HD truck height- but it didn't have steps. Because of that, I did a lot of sliding off the edge of the seat and the leather seat siding suffered after 8-10 years of that. I don't want the same fate going to my Wagon. When testing some stuff at the dealer, I hopped into a 3/4 ton with the power steps and it was a world of difference getting in. While I'm good with dealing with these rock sliders til such time as I have the free time and money to do the power steps, the main reason I want them is so my passengers are able to get in and out easier without seat slide- most of the women, my mom, sister's are all in the 5-5'2/3 range. I imagine cloth is more forgiving but with the stuff I wanted and what was available to me, I got leather again. I see their value, and I'll eventually go off-roading in this truck, but I don't see myself needing to go someplace that really need those sliders as much as I need the full steps.

Users who are viewing this thread